Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Schools in Knoxville : Real Estate Advice

  • All490
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying155
  • Home Selling34
  • Market Conditions21

Activity 16
Wed Aug 17, 2016
Bob Lynn answered:
Sat Feb 6, 2016
Ellen June answered:
First of all, do not move a child with autism to any place in the Bible Belt. I am not saying this to be smug. People who think this way mistake kids with autism or aspergers or adopted kids or only children as arrogant and conceited introverts when they are not. It is very difficult to belong.

I say this as an adopted only child with aspergers who grew up in Tennessee and could not wait to get out and head north!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Bob Evridge answered:
Not sure what you mean by a suburb. Students in Knox County are zoned for particular schools. It is possible to request a transfer but they are not always granted. I have heard of students attending Knox schools from other counties but I believe you have to pay tuition. You can learn more about Knox County Schools at For specific information about transfers see

Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 10, 2014
Kimberly Johnson answered:
Very helpful! I actually looking for lakes and golf courses. Quiet and safety is our main concern. If you could find me something out west, that would be great.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Cristall Mount answered:
Bearden High School (Home of the Bearden Bulldogs and my alma mater) is located on Kingston Pike and Gallaher View Drive. It sits up on a hill and is located near Cheddars and Buddy's BBQ. Please let me know if you need anything else. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Dee Henry answered:
Hi Betty,
School zones can change. Currently the schools are Adrian Burnett Elementary, Halls Middle, and Halls High School. If you prefer a specific school district you may want to check the school district before you put a contract on a home. You can go to the following website and put in the address of the new home.

There is additional information on the Knox County Schools website (

Happy house hunting!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Tina Mounger answered:
You can check the school zone for any property by typing in the address at
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 12, 2013
chip.dykeman answered:
Good Morning

Please go to the link

to determine if this home is in the South Doyle district.
With the every changing school districts, I would check back frequently.
I would be more than willing to assist you in your home search as well.
Please let me know what assistance I can provide to you.

Best regards,

Chip Dykeman
Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace
Office - 865.687.1111
Direct - 865.604.5083
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Mary Lake answered:
I would consider them equal although Hardin Valley is a newer constructed school.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 6, 2012
G answered:
I also home schooled my kids. You can get a lot of Information from the Smoky Mountain Homeschooling Association. They should have all the private schools who support home school.king. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Adelina Rotar answered:
It's definitely a four bedroom with a very large bonus room. I've shown that floor plan before and it's a great floor plan for someone that requires a lot of house.

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 1, 2012
Sheri Super answered:
Hi Tim765,
Your children would attend Karns Elementary, Karns Middle and Karns H.S.
You can check for school zones in Knox County.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 16, 2011
misteemiles asked:
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Bob Evridge answered:
Students are assigned to schools (Except for Magnet Schools) by the location of their residence. Usually, when enrolling students some verification of residence such as driver's license, utility bill or a lease in case of renting is requried. If you want to know the school zone of a residence go to

Students can transfer to a school outside of their zone if it does not create overcrowding (I don't think Farragut has much space since things there tend to be tight) For the policy on transfers you can go to

My suggestion...when you do decide to move find a real estate agent that you feel comfortable with. Make sure you let the agent know where you want your child to go to school. After that, double check before making an offer because schools zones do change from time to time.

Finally, check out to look at the school report cards.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Bob Evridge
Dream Facilitator

Hop Bailey Co.
310 Forest Park Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37919
"The Extra Mile Is Never Extra"
865-660-0198 DIRECT
865-684-4899 FAX
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 2, 2009
Raul Velez answered:
Some schools just started dress codes:

There is not a dress code that applies to all schools other than general guidelines. Your best bet is to call or email those schools that your child will attend, for their specific situation. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 4, 2007
Jim Lee answered:
In the Knoxville area all the public schools are operated by Knoxville County so they are theoretically equal. However, human nature being what it is, lots of parents insist "their" child's school is 'the' best.

Personally I believe the Knox County School system does an excellent job of delivering quality education to our children.

Additionally there are several marvelous church and private schools in the Knoxville area.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice