Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Knoxville : Real Estate Advice

  • All489
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying155
  • Home Selling34
  • Market Conditions21

Activity 170
Fri Apr 21, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Jean Johnson may be an agent but the answer is wrong. The correct one is:

The duplex that you occupy will qualify for an FHA loan. The other 3 duplexes that you purchase will qualify as investment properties and will require a larger down payment (about 20%) + higher interest rates + higher fees.

Lenders are able to give low interest rates, low fees and low down payments ONLY to occupied residential properties (you need to live in it for 12 months). If you don't occupy a residence, it is considered an investment property and requires a higher down payment, higher fees and higher interest rates.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 29, 2017
3m.scott asked:
Sun Mar 19, 2017
Vesbluesky answered:
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 17, 2017
Williamsleann6 answered:
I am looking for unristricted land with all utilities in place that can have a 76'x32' modular and an inground pool. Need to be located in sevierville area. Looking for an acre or so already cleared and ready ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 25, 2017
Lgb421 answered:
Can I ask, where did you find a mortgage company that did a 203k we need the Standard with a $35,000+ repair budget.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 20, 2017
Ameera Alhussein answered:
There aren't any rent to own homes here. This place doesn't have very much to offer!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 29, 2017
Aaron Lovett answered:
Yes, I'm not sure why you were told otherwise. It's a pretty common practice for brokers to only use designated agency agreements for buyers and sellers. This prevents the agent from being in the unethical position of dual agency. I think the explanation on page 8 of this document offers a good explanation:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 23, 2016
Bill Rosenbalm asked:
$500K I get everything from old houses to estates. How do I refine my searches. I have all of this listed in my search. This waste a lot of time.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 24, 2016
cammmy31 asked:
Sat Sep 24, 2016
cammmy31 asked:
Wed Aug 24, 2016
Maricris A answered:

If you want to know more information about the foreclosure property, you may check the county record where the property is part of or you may also contact a foreclosure specialist near your area for assistance.

You can take advantage of our vast network of agents here on Trulia. You may found the link below.

To search for a foreclosure specialist using our site:

1. Go to the link that I provided, enter the location where you're at and click enter.
2. Click the 'More filters' button and choose 'Foreclosure' under specialties.
3. Click the 'Search' button.

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 11, 2016
Tlynne1983 answered:
Any idea how I could find someone willing to do this in Michigan.. I'm on disability not currently working decent credit my boyfriend is working full time plus gets over 2g monthly from gov for adopted kids we just got full custody of them and in need of a larger home asap .. His credit sucks n I can't get a loan without income.. On top of this we are both still married to other people can explain more in detail in person. Found a few places in the school district the kids currently attend and would love to stay .. Please contact tlynne1983@gmail for any help ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I apologize you are experiencing inconvenience and frustration with using our site and I am happy to help troubleshoot in any way I can. My recommendation would be to follow these steps to troubleshoot:

1. Please use either Google Chrome or Firefox as these two web browsers work best on Trulia.
2. Once on either web browser, please ensure you have the most updated web browser.
3. Please clear your cache and cookies.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 19, 2016
Danastarr2002 asked:
February we talk to our bank and a mortgage broke, who sells the mortgage, and was pre approved for a conventional loan. 15% do We then put our home of 9 years up for sale and it sold in…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 8, 2016
Mary Barson asked:
I borrowed 40K to totally remodel the house to sell fast. I can't afford to rent while the house is for sale, and the surgery would make it impossible to prep the house before a showing.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 12, 2016
Robert Smith answered:
I am a real estate broker and REALTOR who specializes in buyers in the Knoxville and surrounding areas. I have closed many USDA loans and would love to assist you. You can reach me on my cell at 865-544-8606 or visit my website at
There is a website you can visit on the USDA loan website to see if a home will qualify for the location but seeing the home is generally the only way to know if a home will qualify its self. Basically the home will need to be move in ready, and very little or no repairs needed. Things such as soiled carpet or peeling paint will need to be fixed prior to closing when buying a home with USDA. Some owners will complete the repairs while others will not. When dealing with a foreclosure most banks are looking to close quickly and will not do the repairs and will not allow you to work on the home to fix whatever is needed. An appraiser will give us and the USDA a value for the home as well as mark if any repairs are needed. It really is a case by case basis but I have been through it many times and feel like I could really help you if you are still looking to purchase a home in the Knoxville or surrounding area. Again please let me know if you are still looking for a home. I look forward to helping you.

Robert Smith
Re/Max First
865-981-1004 Office
865-544-8606 Cell Email Website
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2016
Tannerssummers answered:
is Fredrick community collige closed
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 23, 2015
Kathy Lewis answered:
Not that difficult if you meet the location and income requirements, please read more in the provided link below.

USDA Mortgage Hub
National Rural Housing Loans - Serving all 50 states
Ph: 800-691-8826 (7 days a week)
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice