Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Killeen : Real Estate Advice

  • All234
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying60
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 5
MCM_STL, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO
Mon Aug 29, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
Seems like your city has a place to report a nuisance property so I'd start there.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Melissa Goss,  in Center Moriches, NY
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Melissa Goss answered:
You will have a tough time buying a bank owned home with a FHA program, and this is because the house must be up to a certain standard in order for the loan to be approved- now if the bank owned does not have issues- such as holes in the roof you should be fine, and it will be treated just as a normal sale would... now a short sale on the other hand is a different ball game.

There are also 203K FHA loans that help you get the home back up in good condition in order to obtain a mortgage.

The lack of communication from your agent makes no sense, was he working for you as a buyers agent, if not, no one was working for you to have been fired. What did your disclosure state... ???
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Grace Morioka, Real Estate Pro in San Jose, CA
Thu Apr 29, 2010
Grace Morioka answered:

Unless you are the individual named on the loan for the home, no one at the bank would be willing to talk with you. If the home is in foreclosure and a Trustee has been named, then you can try to contact the Trustee, but again, be prepared that no one will be willing to talk with you. Notices of Default and Trustee Sales are recorded at the county, so speak with the recorder's office to see who filed the notices to obtain information regarding the name and contact of the Trustee.

I know that many times when a homeowner is in foreclosure, their behavior towards their neighbors and their home can be destructive and it would seem the best thing to contact the lender to "stem" the tide of problems, but you'll find them to be unwilling to discuss the home or any situation involving the home with anyone other than the actual homeowner. If the owners are causing problems contact your local code violation department of the City Police for assistance.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Keith Manson-…,  in Milwaukee, WI
Wed Jan 20, 2010
Keith Manson- Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin answered:
I would assume the worse when dealing with assessed value. No matter what you will be responsilbe for the taxes as they are for the year. Assessed values are usually fixed as of JAnuary 1st. Most likely you will have to go through a appeal process which will require an apprraisal and a meeting with the assesor or a review committee.

Good Luck

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Killeen Zip Codes