Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Kern County : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 9
Wed Nov 23, 2016
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Karmandee, yes there are ways to do it without penalties.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

Do you have down payment and closing costs or do you need down payment and closing costs assistance? You could consider a down payment assistance program such as CalHFA or Sapphire Grant which can cover your down payment and closing costs. You may close with minimal out of pocket expenses. You may consider the CalHFA from a minimum 640 fico score and the Sapphire Grant from a minimum 620 fico score.

You may qualify FHA from fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down up to 417k. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score or even 5% down conventional with NO Mortgage insurance (Lender paid MI) up to 417k.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

The purchase in Bakersfield start from 45K for 2bd 1ba single family home.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO and Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 16, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
It depends on the size of the rooms, but a policy that is more restrictive than two occupants per bedroom plus one additional occupant is suspect as being discriminatory. Except for "efficiency units," every residential rental unit must have at least one room that is at least 120 square feet; other rooms used for living must be at least 70 square feet; and any room used for sleeping must increase the minimum floor area by 50 square feet for each occupant in excess of two. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2016
Jess asked:
I work for a property management company and several of our properties are still advertised when they have been rented. How do I get them removed so we dont continue to get calls. Example…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Jackie Putman answered:
I would recommend Gail Dobbs at Pensinger Properties, 661-829-5933. Good Luck , and please let me know if you need any more help.
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 23, 2013
Brian Ostrovski answered:
Some 55 and older communities will allow a certain amount of days that are under the age restriction to stay. My Mom and Stepfather live in Brighton Parks and they allow 60 days a year that anyone can stay. It doesn't have to be in a row. I can be broken up. :) ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Jae Stokes answered:
Do u have 2 or 3 houses for rent under 800 in Delaware?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Mark R. Barrett answered:
Find an agent you like working with. the agents below are all good. In regards to james answer "Letters that come from established lenders like a Bank or Credit Union are stronger than letters from..." I have to respectfully disagree. I just left a very large bank a few months ago and their letter were useless to any agent that knew better. As long as your lender was referred by an agent you should be ok with that end. Big banks and credit unions usually are slower with strickter guidlines. And higher fees per same given rate. Thats just in general. Wells and Kern Schools do better than the others if you are going for large lenders. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 17, 2011
Robert Savage answered:
I just helped an owner rent a one story Silver Creek home for $1395. It was 4 bedroom and had new carpet, tile and paint. I would suggest $1300 to $1395 is a reasonable range. Please give me a call if i can be of assistance.

Robert Savage
Bakersfield Property Solutions
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 22, 2009
Florida Home Inspectors answered:
Move Out if repairs are not completed.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice