Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Kerhonkson : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Thu Oct 1, 2015
Arlene Campbell answered:
It's best if you talk to a mortgage originator in your area. This professional can prequalify you and give you an idea about the details of your monthly mortgage, etc. depending on the amount of your down payment.

Having a good credit of 770 and an income of $125k is great but getting a home loan will depend on your assets and liability.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Ken Wishnick answered:
Real estate is very local. Within Ulster County some communities are watching prices rise while others are stagnant. New Paltz area is on the upswing.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Lynn Masanotti answered:
I think you must be looking at a property that has a Kerhonkson addresss and it's location is in the Town of Wawarsing. That particular township does not use 100% full market value as an assessed value to calculate their property taxes. They use a very small percentage of the full market value to calculate their assessed value (which is a percentage of the full market value) which then means that the dollar per $1000 is higher when figuring out their tax bills compared to townships that use 100% assessed value and the dollar per $1000 of assessed value is much higher. It looks like the property taxes are $100 on 1000 of assessed value, but in reality you're not seeing what the full market value is that they are using as their base for their calculation. You can call the Town of Wawarsing tax assessor for the full explanation as well. Their number is (845) 647-7800 x 235. Hope this helps.

Lynn Masanotti
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
845-687-0232, EXT 124 OFFICE
845-532-1716 CELL
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Jessica Gocke answered:
It depends on the types of jobs you are tackling. Plumbing and electrical are going to cost you more than a floor installer for example. The town of kerhonkson (I own and am selling a home there) has a limited supply of talented labor. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Jolie Muss answered:
I'm not sure exactly which rebate you are referring to and I am not an attorney so I can not give you legal advice.(Depending on the amount you might consider asking a local real estate attorney to help you) but in any situation in which I've ever had a complaint or grievance of any kind, I have always been advised to try to locate any copies/ originals or notes documenting the situation and to send copies and a letter by certified mail detailing your grievance and situation to any appropriate parties..If it's a issue with the town that may be the both the Department you applied with and Town Attorney. As the saying goes: "Time is of the essence" !Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Kerhonkson Zip Codes