Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

49508 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Wed Nov 23, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Currently, we do not have a tool for the consumers to remove their home photos by themselves. Please provide your complete property address and I will be able to assist. You may also send your request together with your complete address via the link below.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Shane Milne answered:
55% is the max approval I've seen lately with Freddie Mac's LP (Loan Prospector). However it's challenging to get approvals over 45%, typically need excellent credit, a lot of reserves, good down payment, and previous mortgage history.

You are correct that Freddie Mac permits blended ratios between occupant & non-occupant co-borrowers. The occupant doesn't even need to make any money at all, and the non-occupant's income can qualify for both of their debts.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
shane@thebesthomeloans | 949-273-4161 direct
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Francine Willingham answered:
Hello Buyer

You have enough money for a down payment to purchase a home. Have you considered buying a home?

Francine Willingham
Willingham Real Estate
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 22, 2013
Gerald Feenstra answered:
Call a local realtor in Clare- they can help.

Gerald Feenstra
RE/MAX of Grand Rapids
Cell: (616) 706-2674
Office: (616) 791-1721
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 1, 2013
Michael Basinski answered:
Hi it sounds like you are well on your way, but one thing you do usually need is 2 years of steady income. Age is not an issue (as long as you are over 18 and your credit is good).

If proof of income is an issue there are other option for you to own a home through seller financing, but you will pay a premium for that due to risk.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Trevor Curran answered:
Good morning litekeeper2000,

We see many credit reports with low credit scores (anything less than 620), and often many scores in the 500's. This is BAD credit. If you are one of the folks affected by this terrible economy, you have a low credit score and you have a dream of buying a home, here's some simple advice for you.

It is unlikely you could be approved for mortgage financing with that credit score at this time.

Beware of any mortgage professionals promising you an approval with such a low score. Wait on buying a home. I recommend you take the time to resolve your credit issues.

First, settle any outstanding debt. If you owe money on collection accounts, charge-offs and/or judgments, make payment arrangements and get these accounts paid promptly.

Next, begin rebuilding your credit. If you have current accounts with good payment histories, or even some previous late-payment-blemishes, make sure you continue to pay those accounts on time. If you do not have any existing credit accounts then you'll need to establish several in order to create a viable credit history.

I have found that CONSUMER ACTION is an excellent resource for objective advice on all things credit related. You'll find free and sincere advice on everything from settling collection accounts to rebuilding credit to building credit from scratch on their website.

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE.

The best way to buy a home is to have a decent credit history combined with sufficient Income and Assets for a home purchase.

The best way to have a decent credit history is to settle negative outstanding obligations and pay all your bills on time for at least two years.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. For that, you need a lawyer. However . . .

No, it's not illegal for a landlord to have a tenant sign a quit claim deed. A quit claim deed says that the person signing it (the tenant in this case) gives up any ownership claims he/she might have on the property. If the tenant doesn't own the property or any portion of it, the quit claim deed is worthless.

You could sign a quit claim deed for the Statue of Liberty. It could be duly witnessed and notarized. But since you don't own the Statue of Liberty, the quit claim deed is worthless. You're saying you're relinquishing ownership in something you don't own. So?

As far as property taxes, the owner of the property is responsible for the property taxes. Thus, you have Owner A and Tenant B. Tenant B signs a quit claim deed giving up any rights he has to the property; he has no rights so he's not giving up anything. Owner A is still the owner--always has been--and is responsible for the property taxes.

Now . . . if Owner A signed a quit claim deed giving his property to Tenant B AND if Tenant B filed the document with his local authorities, then Tenant B could be the new owner of the property. In that case, the new owner (former Tenant B) would be responsible for the property taxes. But that's not the scenario you described.

For more information, see a lawyer.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Jeff Kremers answered:
Important to get connected with the right lender who can go above and beyond the normal. Call me anytime and I'd be happy to direct you to the best!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Ashley Fannon answered:
If your still looking feel free to email me I look at houses everyday in that price range and would be happy to send you the listings on the MLS. Trust me there's a ton out there! Hope to here from you soon! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Ashley Fannon answered:
I would have your agent do a CMA (comparative market analysis) report, this would help to show the seller all the houses that have been sold in that area and present them with an average price. Before we go to listings I do a CMA and print out two or three that I think look most like that house. I would also try pointing out the SEV (State Assessed Value) of the home if it's lower than the amount they have it listed for. Hope that helps! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Louanne asked:
Looking for first time buyer- thinking that MSHDA is the way to go? Also read about their loan downpayment program- I think I qualify for that too? What are MSHDAS rates today? Website…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Brek Schutten answered:
If you let me know more specifics, I can probably help you out with your situation. I don't work exclusively with "Rent-to-Own" sellers, I am willing to put the time in to work out a deal with some sellers. I do a lot of my work in the Kentwood area and I live here too. If you want to sit down and talk sometime, let me know. You can call me at 616-780-4725 or email me at ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
. answered:
If I was you I would talk to Roger Danielski... His answer to your question is somewhere down below...

On my website you can find a home you would like to buy...
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon May 24, 2010
Lola Audu answered:
Hi David,

There is a new service available to potential renters which provides lease/rental listings in the greater Grand Rapids area. It can actually be set up to e-mail you when the latest LEASE listings become available in the areas you're most interested in. If you'd like more information about this service, let us know.

Also...a caution. There is still a lot of foreclosure activity on homes. We've heard of situations in which renters have been informed that the home they rented is being returned to the bank. It's wise to do a little research prior to plunking down you hard earned dollars.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 8, 2010
Anthony Bird answered:
I am not sure if many banks are doing loans this small. The problem falls with section 32 financing (the red tape of the industry) - The goverment regulates fees as a percentage of the loan amount, so a small loan looks as if it has large fees although it may only be a couple hundred dollars. Bank want to avoid section 32 loans at all costs!

We have very little costs to pass on to you so we can avoid section 32 laws; we would be glad to help you out. You are welcome to ask for Anthony at 1-800-555-2098. Talk to you soon!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 28, 2009
Keith Sorem answered:
the best advice will come from someone who has read all the relevant documents and understands the local customs of real estate. Consulting a real estate attorney would be a very good next step if the brokers involved cannot help you to your satisfaction.

In most cases a seller is not going to make repairs for which you pay. Either they make the repairs, or they provide you with a credit and you make the repairs after taking possession.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 14, 2009
Dave V'Dovick answered:
Yes, there are many duplexes available for land contacts in Grand Rapids, MI. I can set you up with a report that will send you all of them and going forward will send you any new ones that come on the market. If this idea sounds like something you would like me to do, please call me at 616-866-5974. Thanks.

Have a great day!

Dave VDovick
Independence Realty
toll free: 866-801-2340
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 21, 2008
karengoward answered:
Looking for a house for sale near the Cutlerville area Land Contract, low payments.
Can anyone help??????
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice