Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Kentucky : Real Estate Advice

  • All116
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying68
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Thu Apr 14, 2016
Teresa Monahan asked:
I saw a house recently for sale in Peewee Valley, Ky and it had been renovated by the agent selling it. It looked like the renovations you would see on Property Brothers! I would love to…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Roland Vinyard answered:
Before you take to step to replumb, check your vent lines first. A birds nest there could cause such a problem, in which case replumbing would not solve anything. The second step would be to use a plumber's snake to open the line and free it of blockage. Sometimes a caustic or acidic mixture can cut through the blockage, but if you have a septic, I'd rather not see that stuff get into it if that can be avoided. Those are the two most common drain line problems that I see and they can be cheaply fixed. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 21, 2012
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, It's hard to put a specific number on the value but it will be a great added value to the home. Most people turn a room into something else and dont add back. Just make sure you go through all the proper permit procedures so that when you go to sell you aren't faced with all sorts of CO issues.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 2, 2011
Paul Welden answered:

The national database of Certified 203k Contractors is located at However, you definitely should also use a HUD approved 203k Consultant.


Paul Welden, Director
203k Contractor Education & Certification Program ®
Contractor Directory for the FHA 203k Loan

National Headquarters
3116 S Mill Ave Tempe #234 Tempe, AZ 85282
Main 480.463.4663
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 31, 2010
Jane Booher asked:
Search Advice