Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60404 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Suzanne Hamilton answered:
I have seen this done before, but it also depends on if his name is on the mortgage. If not, it is possible. His credit and income would be the sole qualification and your income would not count and your name could not be on the deed until the lender allows it.

I would contact a mortgage broker that you want to work with and ensure they will accept that.

On the short sale though, you need to ask your current lender, but if you file joint taxes, they could use that as a qualification of hardship evidence. If you have no income effecting hardship, you may not be eligible to short sale. Check with your lender.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Syed asked:
I'm interested in a large parcel--about 10 acres. It's in an unincorporated area, but city services are nearby. It is currently being farmed.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Lloyd Christensen asked:
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Michael Sims answered:
This property has been off the market since July 2012. If you are interested in seeing other properties in Shorewood call me 815-791-7467 ad I will be glad to show you everything. Send an email and I will send you a list daily of availability. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice