Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in Jenison : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 1
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Chip Andis answered:
As a real estate professional in Michigan, I often have clients that want to rent out properties they own. People living outside of Michigan may not be aware of the strong regulations the state has for rental properties, protecting both the tenant as well as the landlord.
There are 14 items required by the state to be included in leases provided to the tenant as well as 4 documents you must provide a tenant under penalty of federal and state law.

The thought of “saving your money” may sound appealing now. But if the experience goes poorly as sometimes happens with tenants, the result can be major expenses and losses to you the owner of the property. Problems may be due to inaccurately written leases, poorly prepared landlords, lack of communication, etc.

Renting out your home is not a casual thing. Real estate transactions are highly regulated by multiple government agencies.

Being represented by a qualified Agent will make the entire process go smoother and with less stress and help ensure your protection as a landlord.

For further information and real estate questions, contact

Chip Andis
Cell (248) 931-0084

34 S. Telegraph Rd
Waterford, MI 48328
Office (248) 886-0000
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Rentals in Jenison Zip Codes