Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Jacksonville : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info164
  • Home Buying567
  • Home Selling81
  • Market Conditions32

Activity 15
Mon Oct 24, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We didn't get enough information about your problem to resolve the issue. Please provide us with complete property address and we will be happy to assist you.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 15, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Please note that if your property is inactive on Trulia, we do not have the option to add new photos.

If you intend to put your home on the market, you or your agent will have the ability to create a new listing and post new photos. This new listing will then override the property page with the outdated data.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 24, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
This is what happens when you want to sell your home for free. If you post it on Zillow, they are going to let other agents who advertise on that site get the leads from buyer inquiries. This is what you get when you're a FSBO. If you want your home listed (for FREE) on these sites, this is what you get. This is how Zillow (and Trulia) make their money. They charge us agents to advertise here. You're welcome! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2016
Fjoura asked:
636 11th Ave South, 32250 is no longer available.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 28, 2013
J.D. "Dan" & Carol Weisenburger answered:
Whether you are compensated or not if you rent property to another that you do not own it is a 3rd degree felony unless you have an "Active" real estate license.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Willie Collier answered:
I have a upcoming lawn service looking to for clean outs and over grown properties. Any suggestions on how to get started and who to contact.

Willie Collier
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 26, 2012
Rosina Eisenmann 904-482-8666 answered:
If the property is in Duval county, Otherwise, contact the County Tax Collector where the property is located.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2011
Sharon Molnar answered:
Renee, I forgot to mention, I have a friend that works in the foreclosure department. I'll check with them.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 5, 2011
Charles Chorman answered:
Hi Gerry,

From what I understand you will need a Real Estate Broker's License to manage property if you ar looking to establish you own company. Please visit this site which is for the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation -

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Charlie Chorman - REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
... more
2 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 20, 2010
Matt Carroll answered:
If you let me know what area or neighborhood you are interested in, I would be happy to send you a list of sales within the time period you are requesting.


Matt Carroll
Rocknhomes of Vanguard Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Matt Carroll answered:
Are you interested in a specific REO property, or are you just interested in REO's in general? REO's can be great deals, but I have seen a lot of "regular" resale homes that are also fantastic deals. Unless you are purchasing through the court auction and have cash, a good portion of the REO's are listed with a Realtor and are posted on the MLS. In that case, any Realtor that you are comfortable with can assist you. Although I do not service the Flagler area, I have an excellent relocation department and can refer you to a top agent in the area if you like.

Matt Carroll
Rocknhomes of Vanguard Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 29, 2009
Brenda Gravitt answered:
Some properties that are for sale will also consider a "lease purchase". This way you rent the property for a year before you close on the sale. This gives you time to correct any credit issues you may have that prevent you from purchasing a home now. It also gives you time to see if you like the area well enough to buy.

If you are a first time home buyer with a credit score of at least 640 you may qualify for down payment assistance of up to $24999.00. This means you could purchase a home for less than you would be paying in rent. If you close on the sale before Dec 1, 2009 you will also probably be eligible for the IRS tax credit of up to $8000 that would help you pay off other debt or make your house payment for a while.

If you are looking for a Realtor to advise you of your options, please feel free to contact me at

Brenda Gravitt CRS, GRI
Coral Shores Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 23, 2009
Karen Dye answered:
Hi Sara,
I have sold a couple of HUD homes in the last 6 months and am familiar with the entire process. If I can help you please let me know.
Karen :)

Keller Williams Atlantic Partners
904-247-4717 DIRECT OFFICE
904-993-2744 CELL
1-877-499-6914 TOLL FREE
904-246-7559 Fax (call first)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 28, 2008
Carol Zingone answered:
Dee - as Pam answered below, there can be quite a lag between the time a home is auctioned on the courthouse steps, and becomes an active listing in the Multiple Listing Service. If you are flexible on your move date, these kinds of properties can be a great deal. You will want to make sure you visually inspect the property before making an offer, and have a home inspector conduct a thorough inspection as part of your purchase agreement. Most foreclosed properties will not have the utilities on to do the inspection, so you will have to make arrangements with the utility provider to turn the power/water on for a day or two so you can fully inspect. This would be your expense; I just did this on a foreclosed ocean front condo at the beach, and the cost was $35. If I can help further, please let me know.

Carol Zingone
Vanguard GMAC Real Estate
Broker Associate
904/993-9048 - Cell
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 13, 2008
Sally asked:
I am trying to find local contactsi, I would like to expand our businesss by doing some foreclosed property clean outs, any suggestions on where to start?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice