Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

49201 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Mon Oct 3, 2016
Maricris A answered:

To claim your property on Trulia, please follow the instructions below:

1. Navigate to the property page, go to the "Edit Home Facts " button
2. click the "I don't see my name" button
3. fill out the field
4. click the continue button
5. verify ownership and you're done.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, you can list it on Zillow.
Once you’re on Zillow’s posting page, please make sure to select “For Sale by Owner” under the address field. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 15, 2014
Cory Latocki answered:
Hi Ted,
You can visit the Jackson County Government website and search for deeds dating back to the 1800. You can get most of the information for free by signing on as a guest, but if you want to print anything off you'll have to make an account, and use a charge card to pay for a printout. For more details on how to search the site visit:

Copy Fees:
Credit Card-(on line only) $1.00 per page and $1.00 per transaction fee
Email or Fax- $3.00 for the 1st page, $1.00 for each additional page
In Office-$1.00 per page, cash or check only.

If you need any help, or would like me to look into it for you I'd be glad to help. give me a call or shoot me a text at 517-937-3136


... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 8, 2013
Tim Creech answered:
That is a great question and a little tricky to answer. Typically, but not always, a bank will "bid" what a payoff is at the time of the Sheriff sale, for collection reasons they could be less, but I have never seen a bank bid more. While it is possible for any other person to bid $1 more than the Bank and "win" the bid that almost never-ever happens. That is because no deed actually changes hands at that time, instead a "Sheriff's Deed" is placed in escrow and the homeowner now has a redemption period to try to payoff the mortgage or lose the home (and any equity they had in it of course) The redemption is typically 6 months, though for farm land it is a full year. During that time the homeowner still owns the home so the bid winner cannot actually take possession or make any repairs. They certainly would not want to put money into the home because the homeowner could sell it and the bid winner would be out of their money.

During redemption the homeowner can still make every effort to sell their home, and often times, in cases where they have equity, that will happen. My suggestion would be to speak with an attorney representing the homeowner and be fully aware of where they are at in the foreclosure process.

During my 24+ years in banking I was involved in representing the bank's side. They are typically very motivated to sell the home prior to the redemption period running out, even if there appears to be a large amount of equity there. I hope this helps but please feel free to contact me if I canbe of any further assistance.
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 21, 2012
Jim Wellman answered:
How low is your credit? It might be something a lender can work with. Nearly all sellers are not looking to do a rent-to-own. If you think you might be looking at a foreclosure to move into I can tell you that, to my knowledge, there is no owner/bank that is willing to do a rent-to-own or even sell on a Land Contract; that is.....they won't take payments.....they want to be cashed out. In other words if you don't have cash or you can't get financing, they won't sell to you.

Again I you know how low your credit score is? It is possible for some lenders to either work with what you have or help you to get to a point where you can be financed.

I don't necessarily recommend doing the rent-to-own thing, but if you watch the paper they do occansionally pop up.

If you would llke more information please feel welcome to call or e-mail me any time!

Jim Wellman

P.S. I am running for Jackson County Commissioner. Please Vote August 7. If you are not registered it is very easy to do at any Secretary of State!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Niecy answered:
I'm looking for a home that I can do on a land contract. I can;t get a loan because i have poor credit. can someone please help!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Ben Latocki answered:
If your looking for land contracts, we offer a free list of all land contracts available in the Jackson area. Please click here: Its a free up to date list. If you see anything you like, you can contact our office to schedule a showing. We can schedule showings anytime. Production Realty, 517-879-4141. Thanks! -Ben Latocki ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Doug Beiswanger answered:

Good question and some good answers listed. In the end, buyer beware, and I'd certainly recommend you have representation on your side.

There are several home available now for land contract purchase. If you would like, visit my website below and search, chat live, or email me for a customized list of homes for you. Tax time is coming and the availability of homes will decline then.


Real Estate Doug
Doug Beiswanger, e-Pro, Agent
ERA Reardon Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Michael Beiswanger answered:
Tiger - You can use a loan like the 203. You should consider buying a used appliance and then upgrading them as you go along. If you spend a $2,500.00 on appliances today and add it to your loan today over the loan it could (depending on intrest rate/terms) cost you more than $6600.00 over the length of the loan. (8@30) Hope this helps and if you would like to speak with a local realtor please feel free to give me a call 517-392-5894.

I am a licensed real estate in Michigan and not a financial advisor. I give no financial advice and numbers used are estimates only. Please seek advice from a financial advisor or banking officer for further.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Michael Beiswanger answered:
Homeshopper- The answer is YES. It will be very difficult for you to finance a house through lending institutions. That is the bad news, the good news is you still have other solutions. Lease purchases, Land Contracts, Rent to Owns are all out there. If you would like an agent to help you with this. I am the one for you. You can call me directly at 517-392-5894 which is my cell phone and I am available to my clients all hours of the day so feel free to call me anytime. Thanks Michael ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice