Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Irving : Real Estate Advice

  • All252
  • Local Info28
  • Home Buying86
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 4
Thu Dec 15, 2011
T.E. & Naima Sumner answered:
The sticky point will be the terms you agree to.

While the state law did not prohibit executory contracts, it did make them very risky for seller/landlords. You must as the seller comply with the provisions of the law or risk losing every single penny the renter paid to you.

Realtors are not allowed to write up contracts that are executory (meaning not closed/executed within 6 months). Only an attorney can write the contract between you and the renter/buyer.

We handle such requests all the time. We have attorneys who can put together something that makes sense, protects you as much as you are protected from a renter, and doesn't cost an arm and leg - just an arm.

You need to sit down with a professional and discuss your needs first.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 15, 2010
Michael Russell answered:
You might try, godaddy , they provide url's and web site hosting among other things. good luck.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
This is done quite often. Sometimes only one party qualifies for the loan so the house is in the name of perhaps the wife at closing and the husbands name is added a few months later. Just contact a Real Estate Atty. or Title Company - best to look for a Real Estate Attorney that does closings in their office so you might see a title company ad in their ad. It will not cost much.
It is great that he wants to add your name.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 1, 2009
John answered:
Some very good sugesstions here. If this is your first time selling a home an attorney would be advisable. However, since you are no longer marketing the property an agent is not needed. With a good title company and attorney, you could save yourself a lot of money. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Search Advice