Question removed

Asked by Kevin Maxin, Chicago, IL Mon Feb 11, 2013

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

9
Jeff Nobleza, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
May I suggest 1747 W Pratt Avenue Unit G?

It's bank approved at $82,000 but I think it would be worth submitting an offer for $75,000.
The unit does not include kitchen appliances but it is a very nice 2br 2ba unit with parking. The HOA allows rentals.

Pictures can be found at:
http://tours.vht.com/Viewer/PhotoGallery.aspx?ListingID=5075…
Please contact me - I would like to purchase this as well as your unit on Rosemont.
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Deb Russcol, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
You have lots of answers at this point and all I'd like to add is that you really really need to have an agent watching the listings daily. The great ones (price, location, value) are gone in a blink. There are investors out there with cash buying up all they can get their hands on.

This war is only helping to increase prices so I would not wait too long for that "best bargain". I live and work here in Rogers Park and I'm seeing it happen before my eyes. A 2 bedroom as you describe on Columbia was listed below $50,000. The cash buyer waited several months for an answer from the bank. The answer was $70,000. That listing is now off the market, canceled by the agent. Get someone to help you with this, an agent, me or someone else who knows the area, to start a search on the MLS.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Good luck with that. You get what you pay for and you probably will not like your choices, assuming you can find all your criteria...............which I doubt you can. Are you familiar with these areas? Do not ever consider a G (garden-basement) unit.
There is nothing wrong with garden units. My brother owns over 30 units in Rogers Park and I am starting to purchase my own, with the intention of purchasing over 50 units in the next year. I KNOW there are many units under $75K out there. With the right price and right quality finishes a garden unit can rent in no time.
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
dirk gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
I live and have my office in East Rogers Park. Actually, I am under contract to purchase a similar unit for myself. I would be happy to help you in any capacity.
Congrats! Please let me know of any properties you have in mind.
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Kevin Maxin, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
If you have properties in mind, please submit a link to them here...
Randall Lanc…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
I'm not going to hire someone who won't search for me...
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
I would get a good realtor to help you out. Its free to use their services. This way you have someone to walk you through it.
Jamye Paul, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
I can certainly help you! There are several optionsavailable in the Rogers Park/Edgewater area.

Please contact me at 773.598.9309

Jamye Paul
Broker
Kale Realty
773.598.9309
"Finding the Right Place For You"
Do you have any specific properties for me?
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Sure, there are many good options available. Feel free to contact me. I don't a lot of work and live in the neighborhood.
Check for typos before you post ;)
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013