interested in getting my brokers license. does owning and managing real estate that own count toward the 2-year experience requirement for california?

Asked by Carlos Carbajal, San Francisco, CA Tue Aug 19, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ryan Rudnick, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Aug 21, 2014
If you have proof that you were a property manager for 2 years full time with your salesperson license, you might be able to get away with that, but I doubt it. Generally speaking you need 2 years full time experience as a real estate salesperson, but there are a few exceptions.
0 votes
Tristam Biel…, Agent, South Pasadena, CA
Wed Aug 20, 2014
My understanding is that you need to either have the 2 year experience under a broker OR a university degree in Real Estate to satisfy the eligibility requirement.
0 votes
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Aug 19, 2014
I sincerely doubted it, but I looked it up. See the link below. Owning and managing your own properties is great, and you'll have a tremendous advantage over most new agents, but the requirement is having a license for 2 years or more.
0 votes
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Aug 19, 2014
Great question. Regardless of what we say however, the ultimate authority with be the bureau of real estate in Sacramento. You need to complete the broker's application with all its supporting documentation and see what they say.

Good luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more