-Limited Warranty Deed- ...except easement, restrictions and reservations of record...

Asked by Shauna, Shaker Heights, OH Fri Mar 29, 2013

I'm about to invest on a property in Miles Landing 4907 Banbury Ct. But the warranty deed the seller can provide is only a limited one with an exception claiming "said premises are conveyed free and clear of all liens and encumbrances except easement, restrictions and reservations of record and taxes and assessments which shall be pro-rated to date of filing this deed."
What does that mean exactly? Will I face any ricks or encumbrances if I take this limited warranty deed? What's the worst scenario it's gonna happen to me? Can I ask the title insurance company to obtain a regular warranty deed if I pay additional premium.
Thank you!

Answers

1
Karen Huelsm…, Agent, Beavercreek, OH
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Who is the title company that is closing this for you? They should be able to answer all of your questions. If you don't have one, get one. Congrats on your new investment property!