Where is a good location with low crime and good schools west of 25?

Asked by dodguy, Littleton, CO Tue Mar 25, 2014

It does not have to be in Littleton. Could be as far north as Arvada and as far south as Highlands Ranch.

I want this to be an investment to rent out in the future so it would need a decent renting community as well. Would like to stay 175K-225K, 2-3 bed, 1.5 bath. Price could go up if it was a duplex or something. Where's a good place to start looking?

Answers

3
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Tue Oct 28, 2014
The best area in town for what you're looking for is a neighborhood in Littleton called SouthPark. I've lived there for 20 years, and rentals (and home sales) are at an all-time high! All townhomes with two-car attached garages. HOA fee only $119.00 per month incluces ground maintenance over five acres of open space, walking trails, two pools, tennis courts, water, snow removal.

The smaller units sell for about $230K, which buys you about 1200-1400 sq ft depending on location. Rents for that size are around $1700-$1800 per month, and you NEVER have to advertise. Put a few "Home for Rent" sizes at the entrances and it'll be gone before the day's end.

Additionally, resale is up over 20% over the past two years. Julie Montgomery, Metro Brokers Littleton Town Centre, 303-906-3150. http://www.jmontgomery.com
Tim Higgins, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Wed Oct 1, 2014
A 203K loan would be another option! A 203k loan is a rehab loan that will loan the initial purchase price, then it will fund/loan you the amount you need to rehabilitate as well (pools, sunken tubs and Jacuzzi's probably will be be allowed!). So you could purchase a home for $175K and do $50K in improvements (as long as the purchase price and the improvements do not go over what the property would be appraised for once you have finished). When you are finished you generally have equity in your home unlike when you purchase a property in a market like we have now.
If you would like some more information about how to do this please feel free to contact me.
Thanks and good luck!
Tim - 303-887-3858
Colorado Home Finder Realty
Lance Myers, Agent, Denver, CO
Fri Sep 26, 2014
Hey there, that's a very good question!

If you're looking to stay between 175k-225k you would limited to condos/townhomes throughout most of the southern suburbs (Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, etc). You may find a couple single family homes in Littleton that are foreclosures for less than $225k, but they will likely need a lot of work before you could do anything with them.

I live right here in downtown Littleton and am very familiar with the area, so let me know if there is anything specific I can help you find!

Lance Myers
Dwell Denver Real Estate
303-910-8831
lance@dwell-denver.com
http://www.denverhomesbylance.com