What is Denver's next big urban boom? We saw Highlands, RiNo, Uptown, and Baker follow in the footsteps of North Cherry Creek, Hill Top, and Wash Park

Asked by zroesinger, Denver, CO Sun Nov 10, 2013

Maybe Aurora near the new hospital? Sunnyside? North Denver?

Answers

10
Dane Robinson, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed May 7, 2014
Cole, Whittier, San Rafael, City Park North are all places to look to over the next 5 years, along with RiNo Sloans Lake, Jefferson, & Sunnyside,(There are still great opportunities in those neighborhoods.) If you are more into multi-family and long term hold/investments...check out where the city is putting a large amount of $$- Sun Valley.
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Wed Dec 24, 2014
Aurora near the hospital is an outstanding place to invest. Real estate in that community is probably the least expensive in town. It is by no means "hip," but I think you'll see a huge ROI over the next 5-10 years if not sooner.

Buy a rental -- there are a ton of young residents who will pay top dollar to live close to work.

Julie Montgomery
Cherry Creek Properties, Inc.
http://www.jmontgomery.com
Web Reference:  http://jmontgomery.com
Kristen Wink…, Agent, Denver CO 80108, CO
Wed Dec 10, 2014
You can take a pencil compass and literally draw a ring around downtown Denver and see where the next hip neighborhood will be. There is a desire to be close to downtown and as one neighborhood is discovered and investors arrive then the boundary pushes further out. I agree with the contributors here that the RiNo, Five points, City Park, Tennyison and Baker neighborhoods have pretty much been discovered and as an investor you are a little late on the scene but opportunities still arise if you are quick to act. Otherwise, I think the sprawl into Globesville and to the East is the natural progression as people try to stay as central and as historic as possible in their choice of Denver urban neighborhoods.
Allison Parks, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Sep 18, 2014
I think what's happening RIGHT now is 80205 ----> City Park West/Whittier/Cole, in that order. CPW is almost all the way there, Whittier is close on their heels, and Cole is lagging behind the two, but will move quickly, especially with it's proximity to RiNo and upcoming lightrail developments.

I don't know if I would put my money on Globeville, but if Globeville pops, I think it will pop big. The homes are adorable smaller Victorians, the mayor (and city officials) have been focusing a ton of energy over there, and it's no further from downtown than LoHi and once again, close to RiNo. If I had an investment portfolio in Denver going, I would pick something up over there for $100,000-170,000 just in case, remembering that not every investment pays off and one should diversify. However, I don't think it's the next big urban boom, it's further down the road, if it happens. Not all of politician's plans happen and when they do, it's not always the expected result.
Bluebird Real…, Agent, Denver, CO
Fri Aug 15, 2014
One of the common threads for all these areas is the development of exciting, cool, authentic commercial amenities. Build walkable amenities and residential buyers will follow. I think Mayfair/Hale will be interesting to see, but it is already pretty popular. The same with Sunnyside. One of my favorite hoods that is still very cheap are the areas around Anschutz Medical Campus. There are already 30K employees and another 15-20K upon build out of the entire Fitzsimons complex. I've heard rumors that Whole Foods is peeking around the area and then there is the Stanley Marketplace development expected to open next year, see http://frontporchstapleton.com/article/stanley-marketplace-s…
Carrie Manns, Agent, Frisco, CO
Thu Aug 14, 2014
In my personal opinion, the boom in Denver is everywhere but some pockets are better than others. I used to advise my investors that if people are talking about the boom, then it's already too late and you have missed the bigger wave of appreciation. For example, when people were talking about the boom in Vegas and Florida and running out there to buy, the people winning were the ones that owned before the frenzy. I bought my investments in Cherry Creek also before the boom.

As an investor and for my investor clients, we like to purchase in areas where "boom" isn't in the conversation....yet. Be ahead of the crowd. Historically, the mountain resort markets are a year or two behind the Denver market. So that's where my clients and I are buying.

Let me know if you need a specialist to guide you to find the values in the mountains.
Also to my fellow agent colleagues...feel confident sending your mountain referrals my way.
Flag Thu Aug 14, 2014
Karina Chris…, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Five Points - This area is undergoing an amazing revival. And no wonder, it is walking or cycling distance to downtown, has beautiful old homes and has tons of access to public transportation. The city is committed to supporting lots of new development and business opportunities. This IS the next Highlands, or even better. ;)
Christine Ni…, Agent, Denver, CO
Fri Nov 15, 2013
Jefferson Park ~ the area between the Broncos stadium to the south, Federal to the west, Speer to the north and I25 to the east. The amount of revitalization there currently is astounding. All still within walking distance to downtown. I have heard folks say that it would blossom for the last 15 years, and it has come to fruition.
Brenda Meyers, Agent, Boulder, CO
Mon Nov 11, 2013
Some say Globeville as it has older homes with interest and proximity to the city, i25 and I70 access.
There are neighborhoods close to downtown, heck they even have city views, ie Barnum, what is it.... Alta Vista? [north of Barnum] but the homes were built on low end side, all too similar etc for factory workers when the property wasn't developed as originally planned, so even though the location is great, the homes are uninteresting to most. Of course LoHi, lower Highlands is still going crazy.
Wisdom Real…, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Nov 11, 2013
I think the town center at 8th and Colorado beginning with the Trader Joe's set to open this year is going to drastically change the surrounding homes that we're perviously rentals for university hospital.
Flag Wed May 7, 2014