There are to many investment opportunities in Miami Beach; how can I know I'm choosing one of the best?

Asked by Yuri Hoyos, Miami, FL Thu Apr 4, 2013

You have to make sure you are working with an expert local realtor that has done lots of work with investors and knows the ins and outs of the property overall axpenses and rental restrictions and incomes associated with specific properties.

Answers

7
, ,
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Hi Hope your doing well! Take a look on my new website as it has up to date re sales as well as all the new developments in Miami. The site is http://www.exquisitemiamiproperties,com.

Let me know what I can do to help you.

William Henderson
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hi Yuri,

It is true - there are many investment opportunities, and for us, as agents, it is important to help our clients find the best investment possible. You are asking a great question!

A good thing is that our clients price range, general business plan, and personal preferences usually help us find them the best property (best to them).

I also find it helpful educating my clients about the current market trends - and, as they ask me about new vs. old, rental values, 1br vs. 2br etc., we look at what's available and the right properties appear. If not - we change the area, or change criteria - to fit the client's business approach.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Apr 5, 2013
My fellow Realtors, Yuri is an agent.
Meg Sahdala, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Dear Yuri,

Working closely with a quality realtor who is on the top of the game is definitely a must!
There are couple things you should be looking at when you consider an investment property:

1. Location
2. Comparable sales in the area (please note, that prices in Miami are rising rapidly, we have over 10% increase since the beginning of the year and all statistics are promising it will only go up and up!)
3. Amount of work needed inside/outside - hint - check for CU if exists to determine the cost or consult the general contractor
4. Check for existing violations, liens, citations etc. - anything that can bring the investment value down

I work a lot with investors both domestic and international. If you need assistance and want to save money and time please contact me directly at meg@viviendarealtors.com or call me at 305.877.2880.
Jose Gomez, Agent, Miami, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
As my fellow colleagues stated before me, you have to investigate the circumstances that abound when it comes to "investment opportunities." Just because a property is a good investment for you personally, it might not be a good property for the end consumer in the long run (say a tenant or a future buyer). Some things to research are the properties neighborhood, property taxes, HOA fees, quality of life (schools, crime rate, amenities, etc), amount of listings and vacancies in the area, what the rents are in the building and surrounding neighborhood, etc. By working with a Realtor who knows the market and is an expert in the area, you can get a lot of these questions answered.
Also, by logging into my website http://www.realliving.com/JoseJames.Gomez and clicking on the tab that says Local Information, you can hopefully get a lot of your questions answered. If you would like more information, feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Jose Gomez, Realtor
Real Living - First Service Realty
305-915-4679
http://www.realliving.com/JoseJames.Gomez
Pablo Torres, Agent, Miami, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hello Yuri,

Make sure to work with a realtor that understands the market.

The realtor needs to understand your rate of return and appreciation "expectation".

You should be able to work with a realtor that understands the patterns of Real estate values and buying patterns.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Pablo Torres, MBA
AF Realty, LLC
786-205-6988
pabtorres@aol.com
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com
Zina Conn, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Always investigate the opportunities and work with the expert in the field.