Property management in Salem, Ma

Asked by tls114, Cary, NC Wed Mar 13, 2013

Can anyone suggest the best way to go about finding a property manager in Salem, MA? I have a 2 bedroom condo that has an underwater mortgage. I am being relocated out of state for work and I think my best option is to rent the unit rather than trying to do a short sale. Since I will be so far away, I think a property manager is definitely needed, but I am having trouble finding reviews or companies that specialize in this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Answers

2
Daniel Meegan, Agent, Beverly, MA
Thu Mar 14, 2013
All Country Select Property Management is a good place to start. My understanding they are willing to take on single unit scenarios and multi-families. They are really good guys there and they are looking to earn your business.

http://www.allcountyselect.com/
978-704-8200

Victory Property Management is another local company. My understanding is that they do complexes, but it may be that they do individual units as well.

http://www.victorypropertymanagementinc.com/
978.744.3200

Lastly, don't discount the Short-Sale Route. Many banks will consider a job relocation as a "hardship" sufficient to allow for a short-sale on the property.

It may be that keeping a 2 bedroom condo will cost you more that you expect and you will be exposed to the risk of tenants that don't respect your home as much as you do.

I am a short-sale specialist and at the very least, I could provide you with some good information so you can make an informed decision.

Feel free to call me.

Daniel Meegan
(617) 388-8500
dmeegan@kw.com
Loraine Arr…, Agent, Salem, MA
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Harbor Rental & Realty on Derby st in Salem does a good job with Property Management. Try calling them & ask for John Toomey.