Looking purchase a rental property in Boston - Want a prop to hold for long term, attract high quality renters, and cap appreciation. Where to look?

Asked by lulu, Boston, MA Fri Aug 16, 2013

Answers

8
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Mon Aug 19, 2013
Here are some suggestions:
Back Bay
South End
North End
Brookline
Beacon Hill
Cambridge

Finding a property with a good ROI and to hold long term value will take the skill of a very good real estate agent and a longer conversation with them than this platform will endure. It is possible but there are quite a few details that need to be disclosed from you and then further researched by your agent to identify the best markets for your criteria.

Territory.com
Boston's Premier Destination for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext704
Web Reference:  http://territory.com
Mario Pavli, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Aug 19, 2013
What is your budget? What part of Boston would you like to purchase?

Please give me a call and I'll be more than happy to help.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Why not buy a house in Brookline, Lexington, Newton or Needham - SECURITY

I could add Belmont, Concord, Dover, Wellesley, Weston and Winchester as well.

Appreciation is always nice but one can never count on it.

Right now with the low interest rates values are stable and moving up. But as rates rise, values typically will go down.

You are right to consider the Boston market and its finer suburbs that I mentioned above, as they will be least effect by the market swings and rebound quicker as well.
Michael Welsh, Agent, Boston, MA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Lulu,

I am a real estate attorney and broker, and my company also provides property management services. I'd be glad to help you.

In my opinion, the Allston/Brighton area is an excellent area for rental properties right now because a tremendous amount of money is being spent developing the area and there is a very low vacancy rate. Part of the development is a new commuter rail station, which will also contribute to an increase in property values and rents over the coming years.

The Back Bay is also a great location because you will get high rents and good quality tenants, but the property is much more expensive and hard to come by.

Since we have contacts with many landlords through our property management business, I can look for properties that aren't on the market yet. Let me know if you're interested.

Michael P. Welsh, Esq.
http://www.mcdermottwelshrealty.com
Justin Melo, Agent, Chelmsford, MA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Lulu,

I would be more than happy to assist you for purchase of a rental property. As an investor myself I would be able to point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any questions at anytime
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
The answer depends on your purchase price range. Areas like South End, North End, Back Bay, Brookline, Cambridge will all command a high rent but also a high purchase price. Of course high rent does not always equate to high quality renters. It's best to use a realtor to find your tenant - no cost to you because in this market the tenant pays the realtor fee. Another question is how best to spend the purchase money you have. $600K could get you a nice 2 bedroom investment condo in the North End or a 3-family in Dorchester. Both properties have their benefits and their negatives. It's best to talk with a realtor to evaluate your unique situation and to determine what works best for you right now.
FURCHIN at RE/MAX Unlimited is your REAL ESTATE SOLUTION in Greater Boston.
http//:FurChin.net
Collin Sulli…, Agent, Boston, MA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Hello Lulu- Depending on your price range, neighborhoods such as Back Bay, South End, and South Boston offer great opportunities for appreciation, and have held onto value quite well over the years. There is very limited inventory which also keeps prices up, and drives up rents $$. Let me know where you are looking, and I can refer you to a great agent who handles investment properties, it if is outside downtown Boston.
Kenzo Tatsuno, Agent, Waltham, MA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Would love to help. Call or email me if toy want to talk turkey.

Thanks Kenzo
Web Reference:  http://nemoves.com/Kenzo