Is it a good idea to buy investment property in Lavon, TX?

Asked by Dallas Lee, Lavon, TX Thu Feb 28, 2013

I'm looking for an investment home to lease out. I found Grand Heritage Club in Lavon has a lot of homes for sale at lower prices (I understand some are short sale) comparing to other cities in Collin county. The reason I am interested in Lavon's is its lower price. Will Lavon's housing market keep going down? Is Lavon a good place to invest? Or should I check other cities?

Answers

4
Leanna Moss, Agent, Wylie, TX
Wed Jul 8, 2015
Hey There!
We need to talk more about this thriving development in Lavon and the surrounding East Collin county area. Every property deserves its own due diligence but, on the whole, our area holds terrific investment opportunity. Let's dig in further now that some time has passed. I also know of some awesome land investments a little further out. It's been a while since you've played with this idea. Let's talk real estate!

Leanna Moss, Realtor
The MOSS Team
Diversified Realty Consultants LLC
469-500-8871
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Feb 28, 2013
I work with investors world wide... JUST because a home is lower price MIGHT not make it a good deal for investment(s). Recommend work with Realtor consultant assist with short / long term goal.

Contact my office

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
John Fox, Agent, Carrollton, TX
Thu Feb 28, 2013
By the way, there are several areas in addition to Lavon that you should consider. again, we can discuss more in person.

John Fox
214-679-1543
Johnfox1@remax.net
John Fox, Agent, Carrollton, TX
Thu Feb 28, 2013
If you are just looking at a lease property, and not a flip, this area may hold potential. Lavon is next to Wylie and that has been one of the hottest growth areas in Texas. No realtor, for that matter, no person can predict where a market is going to be. In fact it is illegal for a realtor to make those valuation promises.

We can do some market research into lease rates for the area and consider some other variables that may affect home valuations. Grand Heritage is like many other new subdivisions in North Texas. There was a rapid growth and then these buyers either got hit by balloon mortgages and/or lost their jobs and we had many foreclosures. With the economy still being a bit soft, these new subdivisions do have a number of foreclosures .

I am like you. I bought a couple of properties a few years ago and turned them into lease properties. I enjoy helping other investors also. There is no charge for me to be your buyers agent. If you would like to meet over a cup of coffee sometime and talk, just let me know.

John Fox
214-679-1543
johnfox1@remax.net