Investment in SFR/Multi family in Kansas City, MO - is this a good market to invest in?

Asked by Bobby Sharma, Oakland, CA Sun Feb 10, 2013

I wanted to ask experienced investors their opinions on whether investing in Kansas City, MO is a decent market to invest in at this time? There are markets that are over heating or have already over heated (N. California, Phoenix, Las Vegas, S. Florida), but was wondering if Kansas City still has legs or not? Also would be interested in hearing from Agents/Brokers that have experience in working with investors.

Answers

2
Home Remedy…, Other Pro, MO,
Sun Feb 10, 2013
I am a very active investor in the Kansas City Market. I am finding more deals than have funds for and am constantly building relationships with other investors to take advantage of these deeply discounted properties. We create deals from listed and unlisted properties throughout the KC metro area. We have partnerships with rehab crews and properties managers making it very easy for out of state investors to capitalize on these great returns. Cheap properties plus low property taxes plus a stable rental market makes this a great area to invest.

Let me know if you'd like to start investing in this area. I can send you a few deals for you to see how the numbers add up.

Home Remedy Investments, LLC
http://www.HomeRemedyKC.com
John Harris, , 64151
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Kansas City remains a good market for investment. Different areas present different types of opportunities. You can spend 25k or under and get a home in certain areas that will rent for more than $650 a month. You can do multi-family in every area of the city. Between 50k and 100k you can find good properties to flip for a 30-60k margin after rehab. These same properties can be rented for $850 and even over $1000 up to $1500 in some areas. There are even properties in the higher ranges $200k+ that can be had for 75-100k under neighborhood value. I have an investor right now looking to buy million dollar properties for 5-600k which I have not been able to find yet. That is one area that does not seem to have a lot of potential right now.

What type of investing are you interested in?