Im a canadian investor not living here what's the easiest? What is better to purchase a home or duplex?

Asked by rslcampeau, 33936 Thu Jan 30, 2014

Looking for Best ROI, how many bedrooms & baths is best to look at in this area. Should I look else where like coral?

Answers

4
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Jan 31, 2014
The best investment area right now is still Lehigh Acres for investors that are looking to rent.. IE: duplex will rent for $750-850 per side if you have 3/2 and garage (1-2 cars). A single family home will bring $875 - $1000. Looks like the duplex is the advantage.
Any other area will cost you $10K-30K more for purchase of a duplex or single family home. Hope this helps you. I will look forward to the opportunity to help you.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2013"
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS:
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Fri Jan 31, 2014
http://www.CapeCoralFLHomeSearch.com

Single Family homes in areas with no HOA's are the most attractive in terms of ROI. We manage over 200 rentals for people just like yourself. Let us know if we can help.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Jan 31, 2014
I have worked with a number of Canadian investor/buyers that are currently active. The thing to remember is that as an absentee landlord you increase your degree of difficulty with each unit you own.

The question becomes, how many units do you wish to add to your stable of ownership? We often advise our investors that are just starting to purchase in the right location and to rent it only seasonally. Because seasonal rates can be inflated 2 to 3 time the regular annual rental rates this allows you to make nearly as much during 4 months as you would for an entire year. Plus it puts you in the home for personal use and it allows you to check on the property regularly.

Focus on near beach area properties and a minimum of 2 bedrooms. Once people are here they almost always have company and require additional space.

Deborah A. T…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Jan 31, 2014
My first thoughts on your inquiry is that it is too general. Let me ask you these questions:

1) Are you an experienced investor? If so, are you experienced in investing in the US?
2) If you are an experienced investor, then you have crunched the numbers for management fees, financing, and transaction fees. So you know your numbers, correct?
3) If you know your numbers, then you know what ROI you are looking for.
4) The next step would be to hire me to find just the right property that will meet or exceed your goals!

No one can advise you without first getting to know you and your investment plan. Otherwise, all you will get is people trying to send you listings for just any property to make a sale.

Deborah A. Ten Brink
REALTOR®
Morris Williams Realty
realestatewithdeborah@gmail.com
Florida-FeelsLikeHome.com
(239) 440-059
My cell is: (239) 440-1059.
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014