How much are the average fees charged by management companies for rental properties on the beach?

Asked by browneyz27, Pensacola Beach, FL Wed Jun 20, 2012

We are looking at purchasing a beach rental property in the next year or so and I am trying to find out as much as I can before we start looking. We are especially interested in the rate charged by the Portofino's mangement company.

Answers

2
Jeremy Johns…, Agent, Pensacola Beach, FL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
I'd say 20% is the general consensus. You can find some teaser rates of 10% for the first year, and you can also utilize some higher end, more effective companies as Mike mentioned, for around 34%.
Michael Moran, Agent, Pensacola Beach, FL
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Premier Management Co currently charges 34% of the rental income after taking off cleaning and amenity fees. Other companies also manage Portofino properties starting for as little as 10%. the question you have to ask though is which company will give your the greatest income after fees. I think that answer would almost always be the Premier Mgt Co. However, you can manage it yourself and save all of the management fees. There are other costs involved like amenity fees, taxes, and cleaning fees. I have sold alot of Portofino condos over the years and currently own both a 2 and 3 bedroom that I manage myself. Give me a call and I will be glad to discuss the opportunites at Portofino and any other condo in the area. Prices are 50% of what they were 4 years ago so now is a fabulous time to buy. Thanks Mike Moran 850-221-8024