ilikeoranges, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Hi I am a US Citizen, working outside the US, looking to buy a house in Manhattan as an investment property. Possible to get mortgage/good rates? Thx.

Asked by ilikeoranges, New York, NY Thu Aug 1, 2013

Answers

16

I am a mortgage broker and rates are still very low. Before any quotes, I will need to know your credit history (report/w scores),employment, income. etc... I will be happy to work with you on obtaining your mortgage loan for you. Please contact me at juwels333@aol.com.

Julie Audain
646-567-1049
Rates are still very low and as long as you have good credit and a down payment, it should be easy to facilitate that. If I can assist you in your search for a home, feel free to reach me at jscacalossi@regis.org

James Scacalossi
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Sales Representative
917 755 1877
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Yes absolutely. I have two lenders that I work with frequently that can help you. One is with Merrill Lynch and one is with Citibank. If you would like me to help you, it would be my pleasure to connect you.
Yes, I would say that it should be possible for you to get a mortgage. As far as what rate you are going to get, it is hard to say, the mortgage banker will look at your situation, credit score, assets (in the US and overseas), and proof of your current income. I would recommend that you get in touch with a mortgage banker and get pre approved before you start looking for a property to buy, so that you know what rate you can expect. If you need any help here, I can refer you to a few mortgage bankers with whom you can discuss everything directly.
If you need any assistance, you are welcome to email me at kr@ny-home.net or please call (212) 991-8072

Krystyna Rachtan, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Phone (212) 991-8072
NEW YORK HOME REAL ESTATE SERVICES, INC.
295 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Yes I can help you, I have a contact in a private bank and in public banks so getting you qualified won’t be an issue. Next I will be finding you an investment property which I will take you step by step. On the up side I have lots of contacts in relocation companies, and insurance companies so if its renting it afterwards it will not be an issue. If you have any inquires please don’t hesitate to call me on my cell.

Hector De La Cruz
Realtor Associate NY and NJ
Nest Seekers INTERNATIONAL
Manhattan • LIC • Brooklyn • Miami • Hamptons • International
415 Madison Avenue
Ny, Ny 10017
O + 212.252.8772
C + 973.986.3903
F + 212.252.9347
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Hi, veronikak@nestseekers.com email me with all your question I would be happy to help
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
thegocp@gmail.com
Not only is this something you CAN do, in my opinion, it is something you SHOULD do. If you can afford to buy right now, it's a great idea. To those of us who are boots on the ground, so to speak, it seems that the market has bottomed out and is quickly rebounding.

The recovery began with 2-bedroom condos in the summer of 2012. It's spread throughout the market at this point...properties that had been sitting dormant for months seemed to get snapped up all at once. We're back to a market where a well-priced property provokes a bidding war, and, in fact, agents and brokers are strategically pricing homes so that this is the outcome.

If you're looking for an investment property, you want to make sure you have someone guiding you here in the city--especially if you aren't physically here yourself. Photos can be deceptive, of course, and it's hard to know what's a great value based solely on price per square foot. Also, since you mentioned a house, they are rare, and buyers often end up overpaying. Your best bet is to have an agent with a citywide network, who can clue you into that type of property before it hits the market.

Also, you need to make sure that your agent/broker knows their way around the different types of properties; if you're not planning to live there, it's a specific skill set and knowledge base to figure out ROI, whether to prioritize cash flow or capital gains, and absolutely (cannot emphasize enough) restrictions on renting out what you purchase. Even condos have gotten more strict about investor purchases. If you actually plan to use the property as a residence, I recommend HDFC buildings with income caps that are expiring within a few years....and I know where to find them. They must be purchased as a primary residence, but they can be a gold mine for the right buyer.

Those who have suggested you talk to a lender first are right on the money. Find out what you can afford, and what you can borrow. I have a very successful attorney colleague whose clientele is made up of about half foreign/non-U.S. investors. He could certainly refer you to some lenders who specialize in what you are looking for.

I have spent a LOT of time studying real estate investment in the last two years....not just buying a place and renting it out, but wholesaling, cash flow properties, rehabs, etc. Whether you're looking for a single apartment, a shell (those are rare, BTW, and they disappear at warp speed!), a multi-family building, or something else, I'd love to help you choose where to put your dollars with the lowest risk and the highest reward. It's really all about knowledge and financial education--make sure you choose an agent who knows what they're doing.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help!

-Kate-
If you have a social security number and pay taxes in USA,have assets in this country,probably you can get a mortgage.I suggest to work thru a mortgage broker.not directly with a bank.If you need additional help,please email me directly to sbercovici@elliman.com
Yes it should be possible to get a mortgage at a pretty good rate. As the others stated, you will need to have good credit and likely 20-30% for a down payment. Rates on investment properties are a bit higher than for an owner-occupied property but they are still historically low.

Feel free to email me or give me a call and we can discuss specifics. I work with a lot of investors and ex-pats and can help you with this.

Tony Grech

Loan Officer -NMLS #977416

WCS Lending, LLC
Tony.Grech@WCSLending.com
Toll Free: 866.936.5363 ext. 278
You will need good credit and credit history...but investing in Manhattan is a very good idea if you have the money and time to find the best purchase...you will need me! An experienced real estate broker: I have shepherded many investors through the process (and it is a process) and I will endeavor to make it as interesting and painless as possible because I can anticipate every step of this sometimes fraught process. Call me in my office in midtown Manhattan (west 42nd Street) and I will be glad to discuss your options /opportunity. 2129470578
Assuming you have good credit and meet lending criteria. Mortgage rates are still very good and Manhattan Real Estate is a great investment. Talk to a Mortgage broker or your bank and get pre-qualified for an amount, then look at properties in that budget. Feel free to contact me when you are ready. I can answer all the other market questions you may have and take you to the finish line.

-Scott Musmanno
Let me know if you need a broker to assist in your search. My team and I specialize in investment acquisitions in NYC.

Oliver Orlicki
The Corcoran Group
917.655.7966
oorlicki@corcoran.com
Absolutely. As mentioned by Masha, you must first speak with a Loan Officer. We would be able to let you know just what documents you need so we can pre-approve you. This way you can shop for what you're qualified for. Rates for investment properties are not drastically different than for a primary home.

I'm always available if you need a reliable Loan Officer. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
you should talk to a mortgage specialist, if you declare and pay taxes on ur income in US, u r fine. I have a good mortgage specialist. Feel free to contact Mr. I will forward u hos contacts
Cheers
M