Buying rental property in Orlando

Asked by Sonia, New York, NY Sat Aug 18, 2012

Where to buy rental property in orlando for long term rental, I am in Toronto Canada I would like to buy 3 - 4 bedroom home for less maintenance. My budget is
around 150K. Is this good time to buy at orlando?

Sonia (Toronto Canada)

Answers

8
Dennis Burge…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Good Afternoon,

As others have indicated, it is a GREAT time to buy an investment property in Orlando. I'll take it a few steps further, though- and say that it's a great time to invest anywhere in the Central Florida. You'll find available rental properties scarce in the Orange, Seminole and West Volusia counties we serve- which can only be a positive for today's investor.

Other counties in the surrounding area here- Lake, Osceola, Polk and even parts of Brevard- are seeing rental property shortages as well, though each has their own set of circumstances that comes into play. Some areas have a number of short-term rentals whose owners wish to maintain as such, some whose owners are looking to convert them into long-term rentals, some have properties more agriculturally-friendly, so to speak.

What they all have in common is this, though: a well-priced, well-kept property is going to be on the market a very short period of time.
James Willia…, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Sonia,

Absolutely, it's a great time to buy now. The long term rental market is very good right now. Here are a couple of Homes that may peak your interest: (Click link or copy and paste into browser)

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1454696…

If you would like to search the local MLS for other criteria or get a general idea, you may here:

http://search.allkissimmeehomes.mfr.mlxchange.com

James Williams, III
RE/MAX Premier Properties
321-402-8047
jameswilliamsiii@remax.net

404 Broadway
Kissimmee, FL
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Sonia,

I helped Toronto area investors buy 7 properties so far this year and I would be happy to help you as well. If you would like a copy to my guide top the buying process for Canadians, just click on my pick and ask me for a copy.

I believe that any rental investment within a short commute of the new medical city at Lake Nona is the top real estate investment opportunity in North America right now. You can read about what is happening there on my website.

The best time to buy in this area was a year and a half ago when we hit bottom, but no one can time the market that prefectly. Now is a good time to buy becasue you konw that the value of your investment will not be going down and should see growth in the region 8 to 10% for the next year or two.

Did you know that you can check out my references and the references of the other agents that answer right here on Trulia? Just click on our pictures to go to our profiles and read what our clients say about us. Pick the person you’d be most comfortable to work with. Of course I hope it’s me, but if not then best of luck to you.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
Carol Bauza, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Hi Sonia,
Thanks for turning to Trulia for your Real Estate questions.
You'll get alot of great answers from alot of great agents.

There is still an opportunity in Orlando for good homes at good prices.
I deal with numerous investors and have quite a few from Toronto.
They too are looking for investment homes with low maintenance, good rental potential and quick tenant placement.

First things first, find an agent to work "with" you.
You'll want someone who knows the areas for the best return on your investment.
Let them recommend a great Property Manager to manage your investment.

If you need some help, let me know.

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Marlon Vargas, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Hi Sonia, still is the best time to buy here.
If your intention is an investment property, contact me right away at marlonvch@gmail.com
I'm an investor specialist and certified property manager.
Kind regards
Daniel Barto, Agent, Naples, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Sonia,

There are a few good areas and several that may not be suitable for investment. Over the past 5 years I have worked with foreign buyers purchasing investment property. I can send you a list of my past sales with costs associated, cap rates and returns. This will also give you a good idea of the specific areas and communities have worked well.
You can also do some searching using my website by following the link below or clicking on my profile. I have a specific investor search which allows you to search the MLS (no sign up required) Once you find a listing you like, click the analyze rental rate button and the site will automatically do a search of nearby rental property. That will give you a good idea of the current rental comps and what you can expect for returns on your investment.
If you would like more information about my past sales, returns, and process from purchase/renovation/tenant placement/management, click on my profile and send me an email.
Best of luck to you and your new venture!

Danny
Web Reference:  http://GalleonProperties.com
Linda Jokben…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
It is absolutely a GREAT time to buy. Would've been most ideal a year ago but hind sight is 20/20. I just closed on several properties with investors I work with out of Toronto. There are some great areas to invest in right now that will give you a great annual return on your investment with a high potential of long term appreciation. I can make this as hands on or hands off as possible for you, both with helping you find qualified renters and managing the property after your purchase. I'd love to speak to you a little more about how I can help :)

Linda Jokbengboon
Re/Max Town Centre
LindaSellsOrlando@hotmail.com
Carl Head, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Hi Sonia,

This is a great time to buy investment properties in Orlando. If I can help you, please feel free to contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com. I'll be glad to work with you.

Carl Head
Realty Center