Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Inglewood : Real Estate Advice

  • All92
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 1
Fri Sep 1, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Yes and no. A landlord does not have to accept personal checks, but neither can the landlord force a tenant to use electronic funds transfer. "A landlord or a landlord’s agent shall allow a tenant to pay rent and deposit of security by at least one form of payment that is neither cash nor electronic funds transfer," according to Cal. Civil Code § 1947.3.

I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.

Hope this is helpful!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Rental Basics in Inglewood Zip Codes