Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Indianapolis : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info100
  • Home Buying353
  • Home Selling33
  • Market Conditions29

Activity 408
Sat Sep 26, 2015
Manikchand396 answered:
Thanks for all your information, Website is very nice and informative content.
Packers and Movers Pune @
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 20, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
I think you should definitely start talking to a realtor or a mortgage broker about what you can afford. It's going to be significantly easier to go through this process if you start earlier. You should also look into getting the rest of your move planned as soon as you can. Once you know a bit more about where you'll be moving, you should try to find a moving company and start packing things that you don't use often. Taking those steps will make the move a lot easier when the time comes to actually make the move.
... more
0 votes 104 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 11, 2015
Aj Johnston answered:
Crownmark Mortgage in Fishers is excellent! You will want to talk to Jeff Cohen. He worked with us on a VA loan and is an amazing professional!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 4, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
You would be turning into a condo/ Your first call should be to a real estate attormey to see if you have to register condos with your state. The lawyer then will set up a declaration of condomium and record it with the new deeds. Along with basic condo inf it should include who and how common insurance is paid, short time mainteance like lawn care and long term like the roof. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 2, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
You need to talk to a Real Estate Attorney to find out. This is a serious issue and needs legal attention.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 2, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
Marlyne only a lender can answer this question. I know there are some good programs but you need to speak with a professional to find out what would work best for you situation.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 25, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
They have no choice. If they don't contact a Real Estate Attorney. You have a binding contract.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 24, 2015
Jasonwelks55 asked:
The title company doesn't work on a Saturday so we can't close. That company was selected by the seller.
If the seller refuses to agree to a new closing date, what happens?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 11, 2015
Brian F. Walsh Buyer's Agent answered:
This question is best answered by contacting a local lender whether one at your bank or a recommendation from someone in your area.

Good luck!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 7, 2015
Lori Welch answered:
Hi Jennifer, I am a mortgage broker/loan officer here in the Indy area. I've been in the business for 13 years. I work with first time home buyers often and am happy to answer any questions you may have and help direct you in the home buying process. If you need any assistance, just let me know. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 3, 2015
mcdonaldcathyboo answered:
are there any class i can take for first time home buyer in indianapolis
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2015
Rance Stoddard asked:
unacceptable!!! Sending email as a "Secret Admirer" is childish and offends the recipient. In fact, most of those I invited to share my list deleted the email without reading…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2015
Shannon Thomas answered:
Talk with your Realtor they always have tried and true recommendations. The lenders I work with I know will get my clients to close with as little stress as possible. There is nothing worse then a lender that the day before closing lets you know they can't close on time. Or your sitting at the closing table and are literally waiting for the settlement statement . A good lender is just one of the pieces of the purchasing experience but can make it either smooth or a night mare.
You can check with local Title companies and ask them what certain lenders reputation to close are.
they will let you know also.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2015
Shannon Thomas answered:
Sad crummy situation. The seller is suppose to disclose all known defects even in a for sale by owner situation the seller has to fill out the state disclosure form.
If an inspection was completed 4 years prior a lot can happen within that time frame and wouldn't of put any weight on its relevance as this homes condition. You need to talk with an attorney but also talk with your Real Estate agent. The seller saying the HVAC was new when it wasn't but in fact old and at end of life is misrepresentation. Was this listed with a Real Estate agent? Try to have your agent and their agent resolve if they can't resolve then you will need legal council.
Very few transactions go like the one your unfortunately in.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2015
Dorit & Joel Cooper answered:
In California buyer inspections are generally ordered after seller's written acceptance of the purchase offer
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice