Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Independence : Real Estate Advice

  • All95
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying38
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 78
Tue Jun 27, 2017
Rebecca Johnson asked:
Would like to be pre-qualified that way I'm not wasting my time looking at something I can't have
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun May 28, 2017
Mike Schofill answered: As soon as you get a eviction your un least 10 years
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 5, 2017
Kathykcmo asked:
link just t I went through the process to "claim" my home. The email said I could now update the facts (which are not correct ie # of bdrms), but the link just takes me back to…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 22, 2017
jlajka82 asked:
I am looking at houses between $44,000-55,000. What happens at a closing?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 12, 2017
Elliott asked:
Tue Jan 10, 2017
Lorettaljackson asked:
Sun Nov 13, 2016
Rica Help answered:
Did you find something. Let me know if I can help.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 17, 2016
Echemterr asked:
Sun Mar 13, 2016
Gloria Best asked:
Fri Jul 31, 2015
Tony Grech answered:
not quite sure what your question is there. Loans are based on the qualifications of the PERSON. The home is just collateral for the loan
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 30, 2015
Cheyenne Tosspon answered:
Yes your kids will either go to Fort Osage OR Independence DEPENDING on where in Hawthorne you live. So if you have not moved in yet then let the office know that you want an address where your kids will be able to attend Fort Osage so they will place you accordingly. this may alter where you sit on the waiting list. Let's say you get to the top of the list but they only have an Independence school address available, then they will move you down until a Fort address is available. It may take a day or it may take months so just be aware. BOTH are good school districts. Good luck, hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 29, 2015
USMortgageRanger answered:
Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your family commitment to serve our nation from one Veteran to another. As a Veteran family you can use your VA home loan benefits. I would be honored to work with your family to help guide and qualify you securing a mortgage for your new home by assisting with your credit restoration and mortgage. As an FDIC bank we have the ability to lend nationwide. As your lender of choice we are here to help you make the best decision for your family based on sound responsible, knowledgeable financial guidance. I can be reach via phone or email provided in my profile for further no obligation consultation.

We are the Nation only veteran-owned, federally chartered bank with a focus on educating customers about the mortgage process and providing opportunity for home-ownership. Meet the Veterans from our CEO to every other Mortgage Banker at our website chances you may have served with one of us. We have complete control of the entire Lending process with the ability to lend in all states.

I recognize that you are very busy, so I am only asking you to spend 6 minutes with me to discuss your needs so we can determine if we can be of service to you. After answering just a few simple non-credit related questions (I do not need to pull your credit report in advance) I will be able to email you some options that will allow you to immediately determine if we are the right choice for you and your family.
Please give me a call to make your dreams a REALITY.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
The Federal Savings Bank
Mobile: 469-347-3572
Direct: 512-717-0403
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 14, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
If I read this correctly, you have not yet purchased the property? It's not clear from your question. I would suggest you speak with an attorney. This is really a legal question, breach of contract, failure to disclose, etc. An attorney is the best person to advise you. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Makeba Hart answered:
The school is about an 8 min drive from the property. Are you trying to find out if that location will allow your children to attend Mill Creek Elementary? It looks like the school for this address would be Sugar Creek. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Makeba Hart answered:
Hello Kcblues7,

Fannie Mae has very specific rules and guidelines when it comes to doing repairs on a house. When you say your contract ran out due to repairs we need to ask some questions first to determine the best answer for you.

When purchasing a Fannie Mae property there is an additional contract that you sign that is called a Real Estate Purchase Addendum. In this addendum there are several sections that specify that they will not do any repairs in selling the home and are in no way responsible for the repairs to the home unless otherwise specified in your contract. An example of this not being the case would be if you are purchasing the home with a 203k loan or 203B with a repair escrow.

Here are some things to consider why the purchase did not go through:

1. How are you purchasing the home? Is it with a loan and if so what type of loan is it?

This will determine if you can do any type of repairs to the home. If you are purchasing with an FHA loan and the home needs repair this could be a reason why the contract did not go through. With an FHA loan the property has to meet their guideline to qualify for a loan on the property. And in the case of Fannie Mae the purchasers are not allowed to make any type of repairs on the property prior to closing per the Real Estate Purchase Addendum.

2. Did you try to renegotiate the contract on the home after finding the property needed repair? They can reject this and cause the cancellation of the contract.

So what are your options? If you find that this is the one you want to purchase and you are willing to make the repairs needed on the property then you have a couple of different way to make the purchase provided the property is still available for you to make another offer on.

You can purchase the house with cash and then make the repairs after closing. If you are in need of a loan in order to purchase, then you will need to seek a different type of loan that not only you qualify for but also the property qualifies for. If the property is still available there is still hope for your purchase. You will just need to find different resources!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Makeba Hart answered:
Hello Erink,

The answer is Yes if the circumstances are right. First you need to determine the answers to several questions.

1. When is the foreclosure date on the house?
2. Do you plan to purchase the home to live in or to keep as an investment property?
3. Have you determined a purchase price? If so is it for what they owe on the property?
4. Will you be purchasing with cash or a loan?
5. Are there any deed restrictions on the property?
6. Does the property have any additional liens?
7. Do you plan to resell the property to your roommate?

There are a variety of options in this situation these are just a few questions to get you started to see if it is possible. Once you have answered these questions then we can really narrow down your options to see what is the best fit for you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Makeba Hart answered:
Hello Amanda,

This is a great questions. There are several options available in regards to getting a loan when purchasing a foreclosed home to flip and resell. First we need to ask a few questions to determine what loan would be right for you and right for the home.

When purchasing a house to do as a Fix and Flip you can try to qualify for a conventional loan where the average down payment would be around 20% of the loan. You can also look for what is considered Hard Money. These are private individuals or companies that will lend on these type of projects but are higher in costs and are for shorter terms. You can also go to your local banks and apply for signature loans or construction loans. There are many different programs out there depending on the house and your exit strategy.

1. What kind of repairs need to be done and how much?
2. In what time frame do you plan to resell?
3. How much do you have for a down payment?
4. Are you looking to get a loan for the rehab cost as well?

I have been investing in real estate for the past 5 years and there are always creative ways to find financing for a project. This is just a start. There are more questions to ask but this should get you started. If you need a couple of local resource, please do not hesitate to ask.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 29, 2014
Charlene Lopez answered:
A lot will depend on what has caused you to have a lower credit score. There are a few lenders that work with credit repair organizations to help people recover their credit. I would be glad to give you a contact number for one of those lenders. You can reach me at 816-358-2016. Charlene Lopez, Confidant Realty, LLC ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
Independence Zip Codes