yes, i have been considering pines point. i have been hearing how people are moving out of springfield, chicopee area. but, there are so many

Asked by caseygerald, Agawam, MA Wed Dec 12, 2012

beautiful homes......is it a racial thing? violence, crime? this home is nice! will it go up in value in the future? or is springfield area just going down the drain? what a shame.....so many beautiful homes!

Answers

3
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
It could change dramatically with the building of a casino.
What kind of answer is that? Clear as mud! Are you saying the situation could get better or worse depending on the casino issue? You're supposed to be an agent helping people, not a politician covering his/her butt with a bland answer
Flag Fri Nov 15, 2013
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Dec 13, 2012
You got a lot of insight from the Springfield Realtor below me.... But just some advice, if you are thinking about buying a home, you must work with an experienced Buyers Agent in your area of interest. So many details to look for and consider you need the expertise of a Buyers Agent, who if the property is listed by a Brokerage/Listing agent does not cost you a fee, as they are in most cases
paid out of the proceeds of the Seller's side at the closing table. What is required from YOU though
is your commitment to one Realtor, your personal Buyers Agent, and your absolute loyalty, and your
Realtor then will be just as committed to you and loyal to you HIS CLIENTS....

So do not do this on your own, to many things to watch out for and consider, you need the expertise, market knowledge, negotiating skills and advice of a real estate professional on your side!

if you need recommendations get back to us....

Hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients at @Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
Brian Sears, Agent, Springfield, MA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
CaseyGerald,

You must remember - for every house that is SOLD in Springfield - someone is BUYING that house - so for every person that is leaving Springfield, someone has decided to purchase in Springfield. And it is perfectly acceptable for people to do either - there is nothing wrong with people moving to the suburbs and nothing wrong with people selecting to purchase, live, and play in the City of Springfield. It is all a personal decision. I have choosen to raise my family in Springfield.

One of the reasons why people consider Springfield is because of affordability. Springfield typically affords much more house for the dollar and provides for a buyer to meet their needs and their budget.

I always recommend that a buyer buy based on a neighborhood and street that they find comfortable. I also encourage you to drive and walk the neighborhood at different times and days to determine how it feels to you. I also encourage you to talk to neighbors you may see on your drive or walk and get their opinion.

As for prices and direction - Springfield homes have always been cheaper per square foot than the suburbs and will continue. The prices have continued to decrease slightly; however, the number of homes sold has been steadily on the rise and have outperformed last year on a month to month basis throughout 2012. Increases in sales will lead to stabilization and potential increases in prices. But in order to say what prices will be at in 5 years I would need to know two main factors - unemployment and interest rates. If unemployment goes down - that is good for the economy and good for housing prices. If interest rates go up too much - that is bad for housing, but the Fed has shown no desire to hurt housing by increasing rates recently. In fact rates are at historic lows today and allows you to get unbelievable rates fixed for 30 years.

Unless you think you are going to need to sell in the next three years - my recommendation is not to try and time the "bottom" but to buy what you can afford, fix the rate for 30 years, and pay down your mortgage as fast as you can. Build up equity quickly and then you will be in a situation where you could sell if you needed or wanted to.

I would also recommend you take a look at http://www.BuySpringfieldNow.com and http://www.ChooseSpringfieldMass.com - Springfield has some great neighborhoods, some great neighbors, and the best bargains in the Valley.