will be renting in 93455 area code and would like to know average monthly utility bill?

Asked by garyzwerneman, Santa Maria, CA Sun Sep 9, 2012

Answers

3
Tni LeBlanc, Agent, Santa Maria, CA
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Hi Gary,

I am a local agent and I live in the City of Santa Maria. I'm told from my clients that water is cheaper in Orcutt than in Santa Maria. However, some areas of Orcutt have an assessment for the sewer that I have not seen on property tax bills in Santa Maria. And water bills in SM include trash as well, and in Orcutt they do not.

In SM, many of my client's report water bill averages of about $90 - $130. Clients that use year round leveling on gas and electric report about $80 - $100 for electric and $60 - $80 for gas per month. Of course, if the home is all electric this would be different. Most clients prefer to have a gas clothes dryer rather than an electric one, due to cost.

I hope this helps.

Tni LeBlanc
Broker, Mint Properties
CA DRE #01871795
(805) 878-9879
tni@mintprop.com
Cheryl Proett, Agent, Santa Maria, CA
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Sorry that no one from our area has answered your question. I am an agent in the Santa Maria area and just found these questions through some training on this site. I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have for this area. If you are working with another local agent, please contact them, otherwise, I am here for you.

I am not sure where you are moving from, but our utility bills here are relatively low compared to a lot of areas. The most expensive one is probably the electric bill. The utilities are paid separately with the exception of water and sewer are together in Orcutt area and water, sewer, and trash in Santa Maria area. Example for our bills in the Santa Maria area is:

Electric - $100-$120 (but we run our office from our home w/2 computers and a server, extra lights on, etc).
Gas - $30-$40 (maybe higher in the winter with the heater and doing more cooking than we do).
Water, Sewer, Trash - $100 (maybe a bit more for Orcutt and depending on the size yard for water, and I believe the trash is a bit more).

If you could email me at cheryl@cherylproett.com, I could send you the numbers for the utility companies and cable, post office, etc and you could call and ask them for a better estimate.

Good luck and if you ever decide to buy a home, please contact me and I would be more than happy to help you. I also have a partner that is a reputable lender and can pre-qualify you for a sales price and payment that works for you.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Sep 9, 2012
Utility costs do vary based on size, usage, amenities, etc. Ask your agent the question, the landlord, current tenants, or contact the utility companies for estimates of costs....