what is the fair market value of a duplex on Magnolia DR?

Asked by Chris, Georgetown, TX Wed Apr 11, 2012

WCAD has an average value of $110,353 for duplex es on this street. the SQFT is 1758.

Answers

4
Greg Hodge, Agent, Round Rock, TX
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Unless you are going to live in one side, you need to be asking about the rents. A capitalization of about 10% should guide you to what it is worth once you know the rents.

Let's say you get $700/month each side. Multiple by 12 months to get your annual and then divide by 10%. I show a list of about $168,000 would be fair market as an investment. If you can grab it for less then congrats! You win!

Cheers to investing in Real Estate!

Greg
Larry Allen, Agent, Round Rock, TX
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Hi Chris

The only duplex that has sold on that street and in that area lately was last year for $100,000. That should give you a reference point.
If you need any help, don't hesitate to call or email me.

Larry Allen
512-800-1020
larry@northofaustin.com
http://www.northofaustin.com
Jim Ivy, , Round Rock, TX
Wed Apr 11, 2012
WCAD shows the tax assessment, not the FMV. 2011 tax assessments would be based upon data from 2010.

Sales data in Texas is not public data. Your question can best be answered by your agent or by an appraiser. Both will have access to current data.
Lorrie Westb…, Agent, Round Rock, TX
Wed Apr 11, 2012
(This thing told me my answer was too short! I've NEVER been told that I don't talk enough! LOL )

Hon....you need to find a Realtor you can trust to answer these questions for you! Give me a call, (512-820-7630)

Lorrie