what is normally included in monthly condo association fees?

Asked by Jerry Van Slembrouck, 48230 Tue Jan 3, 2012

Answers

7
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Hello Jerry,
Happy New year! As the others have said it varies with each complex. One thing you also need to take into consideration is reserves, and the condition of common elements of a condo complex. Those could add additional monthly expenses for the condo owners. I recently showed about 30 units with deeded beach access and did lots of research on those units for my clients. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about any unit or complex on the beach, just let me know.
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
239-209-2237

Have a wonderful day,
Nancy
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed Jan 4, 2012
As has been mentioned already, condo fees vary significantly by development. One of the costliest elements is the insurance for the structure, which is typically covered by the fee. If you are looking on Fort Myers Beach, here is a resource which is sorted by development to look at active condo listings: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/fort-myers-beach-condos.php

Good luck with your search!
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Tue Jan 3, 2012
It various if and when you are ready to buy, work with one trusted Realtor, he or she will be able to get you the details and the docs and what is included in the association fees, not only could the include different items for different buildings, but they could also be largely different from a few 100 $ to 1000 + depending on amenities etc. And remember the association fee will be considered by the lender providing you with the mortgage loan, in other words the higher the association fee and amenities potential your purchase price has to be less.

But sit down with an experienced Realtor, get pre-approved by a reputable well know lender and go from there.
Edith YourRealtor4Life! and your Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, buyers, sellers and investors alike!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Jerry,

This commonly varies from one HOA to another. However, some of the common elements covered are: maintainance, pool, recreational center, water, trash removal. elevator, care of grounds, insurance, pest control, reserve fund, community debt service, etc.

The scope of services covered is different between associations. It's best to request the specifics from your agent.

Marilyn Hold…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Hi Jerry,

You didn't say what part of the country you are interested in, but, the answer is 'it depends'. Here in NJ, some complexes include amenities such as tennis court, pool as part of your HOA fee. Also, some of our older complexes have a central heating system, so the HOA fee includes the heat (a big ticket item up here in the north!).

Best to contact an Agent who serves the area and complex you are most interested in.

Marilyn Holda-Fleck
Prudential NJ Properties
Scott Lambert, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Each HOA can be different; it really depends on the Condo By-laws. But on average, the dues cover the grounds, pest control, insurance on the out side of the unit, cable, water, use of the facilities; do you have a particular HOA in mind? If I may be of assistance please contact me; or, go to my Listing Book account to view properties at your leisure: ScottLambertRealtor.com

Scott Lambert
Priceless Realty Tony Price & Associates, Inc.
cell: 239-878-5100
email: ScottLambert@PricelessRealty.com
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Hi, Jerry.

It depends upon the particular Association, but normally, the fees include include insurance(flood, wind), outside maintenance of grounds, accounting andn irrigation water. In some cases, inside water and cable are included. If you have a particular property of interest, email me and I'll advise you of specifics of that Association.

LLOYD NICHOLS
Realtorlloydn@aol.com
Premier Sandals Swfl Realty
cell: (239) 810-2980
work: (239) 463 5217
skype: lloyd . nichols