what is my home worth?

Asked by Mary Anne, 60025 Sat Jun 13, 2009

800 Becker Rd.
Glenview, IL. 60025

Answers

5
Nichole Lat…, , Tinley Park, IL
Mon Jun 15, 2009
HI MARYANNE,
I WOULD BE HAPPY TO COME OUT AND GIVE YOU A FREE MARKET ANALYSIS TO SHOW YOU THE VALUE OF YOUR HOME. YOU CAN REACH ME AT 708-646-6533.

THANK YOU,
NICHOLE LATHUS
MCCOLLY REAL ESTATE
708-802-9900
Goat, , Denmark, IA
Sat Jun 13, 2009
Not a penny more than what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
Michele Wils…, Agent, Lake Forest, IL
Wed May 22, 2013
This question is 4 years old ...should be removed by now.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Hi Mary Anne,
You asked a very serious and obviously important question to you and you deserve a serious and honest and straightforward answer...

You are located in a very desirable area of Glenview which is always helpful!!!! (By the way I worked for over 10 years out of real estate brokerage offices in Glenview (Coldwell Banker and RE/MAX) and know Glenview very very well....) But when considering the true value of a property you have to think, value to the buyer.
We are currently in a buyers market, which means basically that we do have more properties on the market than we do have ready and willing and approved buyers or interested Builders, although with 1/2 acre on Becker someone may just want to buy and build on or up for themselves or even if they like the location enough to tear down and start anew....
But no matter what the right buyer has to come along....
I am assuming that your property is a one story Ranch built about 1955 and depending on the upgrades and updates, finished basement or not, and the level and quality of upgrades will influence the price a buyer is willing to pay.

Now, having said all that a good part of the value of your property is in the land and in the location! And having high end properties within your area. And High School also matters!

Once I get a little more input from you, i.e. details about your home recent updates and upgrades let's say during the last 5 or so years, size of home, fireplaces, fenced yard, finished basment, no. of bedrooms, baths and other rooms etc. I would gladly prepare a pre-market evaluation for you and send it to you via e-mail (no phone calls, no home visit at this time, just an overview of what is similar and currently on the market and what has recently sold, so you can give it some thought yourself)....

Once of course you are thinking about selling and putting your home on the market I will need to stop by, have a closer look and discuss the details in person.

In the meantime I thought I let you know about two properties on Becker and there are others on surrounding streets of course, which I will include in the pre-market evaluation which I will send to you via e-mail......
801 Becker 1 story home 7 rooms in all 3 bedr. 3 baths partial unfin. basement 2 fireplaces and a 2 car garage, totally renovated sold in June 07 for 839 K (As you know much has happened in the market and in the economy since!!!)

700 Becker also a one story home which needed work, or someone would by the lot and tear down and build new, but this one is located on 1 acre with a total of 8 rooms 3 bedr. and 2 baths and a 2 car garage
that one sold end of Jan. 2007 for 825 K

Always remember the market since has changed and we are in a buyers market.

Love to hear from you, so that I can forward to you a pre-market evaluation via e-mail to you.

Have a nice Day and warmest Regards!
Edith Karoline, YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.century21sgr.com/agent_page.php?agent_id=83
A moment ago - Delete this answer
Helpful
(0)
Link to this answer
Report
Eric Egeland, Agent, Buffalo Grove, IL
Mon Jun 29, 2009
Hi Mary Anne,

You do have a large attractive lot in an area with some higher end homes. There really has been minimal sale activity & you do have a wide range of values in the immediate area. A lot of your value will depend on updates, condition, etc.

You do really need someone to come out & view your property. I would be more than happy to do so if you are not currently working with anyone.

Eric P. Egeland
Broker Associate
RE/MAX UNITED
847.337.7090
http://www.ChicagolandHomeSeller.com