what is like to live in soho?

Asked by Cabrera, New York, NY Tue Aug 2, 2011

Answers

6
David W’s answer
David W, , Brooklyn, NY
Thu May 10, 2012
lol these prices only 9 mos old but hey are already out of date. thats how fast this neighborhood is moving. now the median: studio $2400, 1bed $4000, 2 bed $8425, and a 3 bed will set you back over $13000/mo!!!!! But the neighborhood is one of the best in the city. there are so many shops and culture all jam packed close together. also its a 5 min walk to the West V. which has the best nightlife in the city.
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Aug 11, 2011
HI, Cabrera.
It is always subjective regarding one's impressions of a neighborhood. My office is in SoHo, and as a SoHo expert, you won't hear a bad thing about it from me. I can tell you that it is just about the priciest neighborhood in NYC. That tells you somthing. I would suggest you spend some time there. Obseve the unique cast-iron architecture, the variety of shops, restaurants and services, the proximity to subways, and all the things that are important to you.

Hope this helps.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
SoHo Office
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
Confidence S…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Are you interested in buying or renting?
Jennifer Chi…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Studios in Soho average $2457; $3467 for a one bed; $5875 for a 2 bed; and $8559 for a 3 bed.

I always suggest walking around the neighbourhood you are looking into buying or renting, to see if YOU are comfortable with it.

Jennifer Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC
9172502284
Arthur Golden, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Cabrera, I do not live in SoHo but help buyers/sellers all over Manhattan. I'm a second generation native New Yorker and spend a significant amount of time in SoHo at restaurants like I Tre Merli and Barolo on West Broadway which are owned by a good friend of mine who has lived and owned businesses in SoHo for over 2 decades. I'm at the Martin Lawrence Gallery at least once a week, at Pop International gallery every month and several other venues including Luscious Papers which is a street kiosk that sells leather good in front of Balthazar on Spring st.

Feel free to call me. I can put you in touch with several people that live/work/hang out in SoHo and we can all give you our different prospective. And of course, I can also help you find a home there.

Arthur “Ungie” Golden | Licensed Real Estate Associate| REBNY Member
Prudential Douglas Elliman | 1995 Broadway, 4th Fl | New York, NY 10023
C: 212.866.8717| P: 212.712.6078| F: 646.497.5476 | E: agolden@elliman.com
Listings: http://www.elliman.com/aug
Web Reference:  http://www.elliman.com/aug
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Aug 2, 2011
If unfamiliar with the area do take the time and visit more than once; living anywhere world is always a matter of personal preferences, therefore opinions can oftentimes be subjective...