Lisa Eubanks, Home Buyer in Harleston Village, C...

what exactly needs to be done to this america street property. One of my sons is a plumber and another a college student that needs housing. please

Asked by Lisa Eubanks, Harleston Village, Charleston, SC Fri Feb 25, 2011


Help the community by answering this question:


JamesThompson’s answer
I am a licensed residential builder with fifteen years experience in construction. I am a graduate from the Exterior design Institute and have been in real estate for three years now. I work mostly with buyers ensuring a sound investment. I offer free home inspections to my buyers and can help you determine the cost of repairs. I can help you with the repairs as well or can point you in the right direction if you wish. Please check out my web site to see some of the inspections we have completed over the years. If you are ready for a good investment give me a call or email me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 26, 2011
Good morning, Lisa!

I would suggest that you may want to bring in a licensed contractor to look at the property before you consider an offer on this or any property that needs to be rehabbed. You should also consider having a termite inspection since moisture conditions may be an important part of your decisions.

I hope that this is helpful!

Best regards,


Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Mount Pleasant Home Team
Keller Williams Realty
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
Lisa, I would be happy to show you or your son the property today. Many, but certainly not all, repair needs can be seen upon first visiting a property. Have you seen it yet? After the first showing, if the apparent work needed is acceptable, then we could negotiate a price with the seller, while reserving the right for a professional inspection. After the inpectors report is reviewed, we could then request repairs, however most properties like this are being sold 'as-is' with the seller unwilling or unable to make any repairs.

If it is the 11 America property that you are asking about, I see a previous listing that says 'Complete rehab required - Estimate $50K' If this is the property, it would be ideal to bring a contractor or inspector with us to see the house together, or simply have it inspected prior to negotiating a price.

Please call me for a showing today.

Best Regards, Dan
Dan Mengedoht
Carolina One Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
Short answer here is everything - Doug is correct - an inspection will identify the necessary repairs
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
You need a professional home inspector to answer that question. All contracts written by buyers should have a contingency that would allow you to get out of the contract if the home inpection is not to your satisfaction.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 25, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer