what are the pros and cons of living here.?

Asked by priya62864, Saint Louis, MO Sat Jun 16, 2012

Answers

10
Victoria Small’s answer
Victoria Sma…, Agent, St Louis, MO
Mon Aug 27, 2012
I would hope the one who answered this question on July 24, 2012, isn't a licensed real estate professional. Your opinion is in violation of the code of ethics and could be looked upon as blockbusting. Be careful what you say about any particular area. It is not your job to pass out information or advise as to the appropriateness of any given area. What you should do is provide or advise where one might go to find the necessary information for them to make their own informed decision.
Home.searche…, Home Buyer, Saint Louis County, MO
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Pro's: Good restaurants and bars
Cons: Crime, crime, crime, and more crime. Your car will eventually get broken into. You will probably eventually be robbed if you live there long enough. You get what you pay for. The weird thing about St. Louis is that you get used to crime and you think its normal. When you live elsewhere you realize that it isn't.
Dan Brassil, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Jan 31, 2013
I love Clinton's answer. DeBaliviere Place is a wonderful neighborhood with tree lined streets, Forest Park within walking distance, and some great restaurants and bars. You can choose between a short car ride to Hwy 40 or a short walk to the metro. One of our two offices in located at Belt & Pershing. Cons: well, you don't live there ;)
Jenifer Garc…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Very walkable neighborhood; great central location--easy to get anywhere!
Tonja Neal, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Fri Sep 7, 2012
The best way to find out what the pro's and cons of a neighborhood is would be by visiting at various hours of the day, different days of the week. You may find it helpful to speak with any neighbors you see walking or working in their yard.
Elizabeth Sp…, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Jul 5, 2012
It truly is a wonderful area to live in, close to public transportation and all the amenities of the city. Close to shops and restaurants, Wash U, and Forest Park.
Mary Peck, Agent, O Fallon, MO
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Great affordable living in an urban setting, convenient to everything. Showed properties here yesterday.
Ted Wight, Agent, Clayton, MO
Sun Jun 17, 2012
There iS so much at your doorstep in DeBaliviere! Metro link, Forest Park, restaurants, Wash U and much more!

Are you looking for a house or condo?

I would buy something with a garage or gated parking.
Vernae/Nell…, Agent, Hazelwood, MO
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Wonderful answer Clinton. I tell my clients if you are interested in a neighborhood, drive through it early morning, mid-day, evening and night. Stop and meet your potential neighbors. Let them know you are interested and will they will be be glad to keep you informed.
Clinton Hafl…, Agent, chesterfield, MO
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Pro: I live here.
Con: you don't.