what are homes going for in my area?

Asked by Andranette Rucker, Glen Mills, PA Wed Sep 23, 2009

Answers

4
Krystyna Lat…, Agent, Media, PA
Thu Feb 19, 2015
The prices vary depends on the house you want to buy.
Irene Barnes…, , West Chester, PA
Thu Sep 24, 2009
Hi Andranette! I too live in Glen Mills so I will give this a try but truthfully, the best way to answer this question would be to gather a little more info. If you live in new construction you probably have seen a slight drop in prices, depending on the developement. If you are in a townhome I can say that my buyers looking in the $250,000 and under price range have seen what sells quickly and then the other homes still sitting on the market, overpriced. Often this happens if they based their price on the past 6 months rather than using comparable from only the past 3 months because of the shift that occured. Not all have lost value. In fact, in our area it's a common misconception that folks think the doom and gloom on the news afftected our area. It did not! We have leveled off and "normalized" prices in many areas but overall Chester County was down only 2.5% last year and Delaware County only slightly worse. We live on the border of both, so it's important to pay attention to each.
Can I offer you a service that I think you will find helpful? It's called Market Snapshot. All I need is your email and address and once a month you will get an email with the latest statistics, listings, sales and graphs that explain it all for as long as you wish. You can stop it when you want. It's very interactive and easy to use. I'd be happy to sign you up.
Hope I was helpful!
Irene Butler
Keller Williams Real Estate
IreneButler@kw.com
D. Derderian, Agent, West Chester, PA
Thu Sep 24, 2009
For a FREE over the net evaluation of your home and it's immediate area feel free to visit my website and click on the FREE over net evaluation tab. I also offer Free No Obligation Consultations to give you the most up to date comparables of homes that match your home.
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Wed Sep 23, 2009
In the past five months, 41 homes have sold ranging from $140,000 through $574,000.

Terrence Charest