we buy a house for $20,000 but is all destroy it need every thing pluming electic averything tha a house has is it good or not?

Asked by Vero, Oklahoma City, OK Thu Apr 5, 2012

good or bad to buy a ugly house?

Answers

3
Sandra Daws…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Tue May 22, 2012
It all depends. If you are an investor with time and money it may be good, there could be a good potential for profit. If you are looking at it for a place to live, most likely not. The things you named already will likely cost nearly what the home costs to fix, so be sure to add that to the price.

Many of these great foreclosure deals are great deals but unfortunately with the backlog that we have most of them go vacant for a long time (years). Homes were meant to be lived in, and when the arent, things go wrong with them in a hurry. I hope this helps!
John Phillips, , Oklahoma City, OK
Thu Apr 5, 2012
In most cases a $20,000.00 home is the oklahoma city area is is probablly not liveable: They all require extensive work, but when you get through in many cases it is worth far more than what you have in it:
You also buy these homes AS IS ONLY:

Most investors love to buy $20,000.00 homes

John Phillips
Wells Bridge…, Agent, OKC, OK
Thu Apr 5, 2012
It just depends on where the home is located. If the homes sales in the area are significantly higher, it may be a good investment. Feel free to contact me and I'll check the area for you.

Bridgett Wells
651-9320
bridgettwells@kw.com