Kate Davis,  in Tampa, FL

some people say that 1st and 5th is a 'fringe area', true? Is it a socially active neighborhood?

Asked by Kate Davis, Tampa, FL Sun Oct 21, 2012

Answers

5
Denise Avery, Agent, St Petersburg, FL
Sat Nov 23, 2013
Our downtown is an amazing vibrant area and the area of 1st and 5th is on the fringe of this. Just outside the hustle and bustle but close enough to enjoy all that downtown has to offer. We have amazing food establishments and world class museums and the beautiful waterfront with all the parks that are always so full of life. What a beautiful place we are lucky to live near and enjoy.
Ronnie Bramer, Agent, Fort Thomas, KY
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Socially active I find is the interesting part of your question. it can mean a lot of different things. Like is thier and active homeowner assoc. ? is this a walking , biking area ? being close to downtown you could be looking for places to eat / coffee / shop ? or just enjoy the beatiful waterfront ?
We are define this in different ways. Price point , lifestyle , family or personal needs will help you answer this question.
Caroline York, Agent, St Petersburg, FL
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Are you asking if this is a borderline good or bad area or are you asking if this is a fringe area where condos and single family housing stops and the university begins? That is if you are discussing 1st Street and 5th Ave S. If you are looking for condos that would most likely be the case. If you are takling about 1st St and 5th Ave N it also applies with high rise condos since it is where many of the historic homes in the Northeast begin..
Todd K. John…, , Treasure Island, FL
Tue Nov 6, 2012
Hello Kate,

I am in 100% agreement with my fellow Realtor Laine. Legally and ethically Realtors can not make statements regarding the desirability of neighborhoods. We can however show you properties in areas that you wish to explore based on the geographic locations of specific neighborhoods that you express interest in.

Todd Johnson-Realtor
Charles Rutenberg Realty
727.432.9842
Liane Jamason, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Mon Oct 22, 2012
There are no answers to this yet because Realtors can't comment on an area being "good" or "bad". It's considered steering and it's illegal. I'm assuming that's what you mean by fringe area. That said, are we talking 1st Ave or 1st Street, and north or south? At least I can tell you what's considered Old Northeast and what's not if that helps... Call me if any questions.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
Smith & Associates Real Estate
727-755-3325