looking for any information on/photos of the former "Block 56, 55, and or 57 on "sandhill" in Augusta ME?

Asked by Lorraine E Boucher, 04330 Tue Apr 14, 2009

I am looking for any information on/photos of the former "Block 55, 56, and/or 57 on "Sandhill" in Augusta ME. These were large blocks now have since been torn, or burned, down.

Answers

1
Jra279, , Kennebec County, ME
Wed May 19, 2010
Vision Appraisal (http://www.visionappraisal.com/) is a database of local properties that lists, in depth, not only purchase histories, but the dimensions and characteristics of buildings in many towns and cities. If you know the former addresses of the blocks, you may be able to access information on the properties there. Where the blocks have been torn down, I don't know if their information will be accessible, but it's worth a shot, and Vision Appraisal provides some great potential. The website requires you to create an account (free of charge, but with some required personal information), and you must specify the town about which you are seeking knowledge. I use this resource leisurely and with historical purposes, for Augusta specifically. Others in the real estate or law enforcement arenas use it to evaluate properties. It is a great public resource - kind of frightening the amount of info you might find, stuff you maybe thought was private - to learn about houses in your area.