is this a good neighborhood?

Asked by Haiying96, Madison, WI Sat Apr 14, 2012

Answers

4
Grace Foemmel, , Madison, WI
Sun Apr 15, 2012
If you consider the school district, it's not so good: Sherman Middle School and East High School, compared to Hamilton Middle School and West High School.

But for retirees, it's older neighborhood, older and smaller homes means more affordable. Close to Woodman Grocery Store, Gas station, Walmart, Metro bus transit and O'Brick Botanical Garden, minutes away from Hwy 51 and Hwy 30 li'nk to I 90-94...it's pretty good.

Minwei Li, Agent, Madison, WI
Based on this person's spelling of "O'Brick" which is correctly spelled Olbrich, I would not give them an inch of credibility in passing judgement on the east side of Madison. We have a great community, easy access to the Interstate, Dane County Regional Airport, bike paths, libraries, several small farmers market options, loads of neighborhood bars, recreational opportunities abound from several MSCR outdoor venues for softball, Olbrich Botanical Gardens and Lake Monona, The Goodman Neighborhood Center (which provides activities for everyone from the youngest to the oldest in the community) , the funky neighborhoods of Atwood Ave., Williamson. Also the new and improved Monona Drive to the excellent community of Monona.
Flag Sat Apr 28, 2012
Alex Saloutos, Agent, Madison, WI
Sun Apr 15, 2012
By what measures? Every buyer has different needs. What do you want in your neighborhood? What don't you want?

Let us know what neighborhood your looking at and I'm sure you'll see a lively discussion here.
Michelle Mar…, Agent, Madison, WI
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Sorry but I don't see the specific neighborhood you are referencing. In addition to a home being a great location for their needs, a few things I recommend to my buyers or renters is to check out police calls to that specific neighborhood or street. You can find that information easily on line through the police department. I would also suggest visiting or driving through at different times of the day. Good luck!
Bill E, Home Owner, Madison, WI
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Yes. Absolutely. Positively. Without a doubt the best possible neighborhood.

Close to everything. High Walkability Factor. Hardly any graffiti, next to no gangs, barely any drugs, rarely a drive-by. The rendering plant has been shut down and the recycling operation only runs after midnight.