is the southeast part of texas a good place to raise good kids sunnyside area?

Asked by Kimberlytmonroe, Houston, TX Thu Aug 18, 2011

Answers

4
Kathleen Ham…, , Houston, TX
Fri Aug 19, 2011
Good Morning, Kimberly! Sounds like you want to provide a safe and desirable atmosphere for your family. That is what a lot of people need. I recommend you phone me and lets visit about your needs. I will be happy to assist you and give you some information to help you. Then when you feel we have narrowed the selection to the best area for you and your family I will send you homes available in that area. You can preview them and select the best 3-4 that are of interest and we will make and appointment to view those you like the most. I am a REALTOR and can guide you through the processes to help you buy your dream home. When you call me we can introduce ourselves and begin taking the steps that will make your home purchase much easier. I'm ready to get started.

Thank you, -- Kathleen (281) 799-4002 - KathleenRealtor1@gmail.com
Creacia Will…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Aug 18, 2011
The Sunnyside area is one of the revitalization areas in Houston. This area qualifies for $30,000 in down payment assistance from the City of Houston to families that fit the 80% median income requirements for the program. Most new homes in the Sunnyside area run from $110k-135K, the area is about 10 minutes from the Medical Center and 15-20 minutes from Downtown. The area is on the come back and has several new schools that have been built or rebuilt in the area. Kipp Academy has also chosen the Sunnyside area as they're new home for campuses. Kipp Academy has a 100% graduation rate and has a great Charter School rating. The surrounding schools are not as good but there are a few decent elementary schools in the area.
Web Reference:  http://www.kipp.org/
Rita Armstro…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Aug 18, 2011
There are several new homes in Sunnyside Place in the $120,000-$140,000 price range in Sunnyside. The schools for this subdivision are Young Elementary, Attucks Middle School and Worthing High School. Each of these schools has an "Acceptable" rating. If you want schools that are rated higher than these, Sunnyside may not be the right location for you.
Brenda Waun, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Aug 18, 2011
West University,Braeswood,Southgate,River Oaks and Southampton are great neighborhoods with top rated elementary schools. Roberts Elementary,West U elementary,River Oaks and Mark Twain..