is it safe to live in this area?

Asked by Sheila Varma, Montgomery, IL Wed Dec 21, 2011

Answers

8
Maryzhel, Home Owner, Aurora, IL
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Hi Shiela, I live in Aurora 60504 with Naperville District 204 school for 9 yrs now and what I can say in the area is close to just everything, school, library, park district, shopping/outlet mall, grocery stores, fire dept. and the hospital is a walking distance and all is 1 mile radius.

It is a very family oriented neighborhood, very quiet and peaceful. There are part of Aurora 60504 that is not in school district 204, so I would be very careful considering if plan to move.
Busymom101, Home Owner, Aurora, IL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
There are some amazing parts of Aurora and there are some very dangerous parts of Aurora. (There are parts of Aurora I would highly advise you to avoid at night, especially as a woman) For me personally, I would not live west of Farnsworth Rd. Just me. East of Farnsworth is fabulous and I absolutely recommend it.

In addition, the Aurora schools are nightmares. But if you do your research -- you can live in Aurora and still be in Naperville School District 204 and Dupage County -- while saving a TON of money on taxes.
Caroline Mar…, Home Owner, Aurora, IL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
We have lived in this area since 1989. It is a very safe area. Many young families and a few seniors like us.
Excellent police department.
KK Yan, Agent, Streamwood, IL
Thu Dec 22, 2011
I would check with http://www.bestplaces.
you can compare two cities side by side too.

Besides, when you visit a neighborhood, pay attention the curb appeal of houses, what kind of business is around and of cause p _ _ _ _ _ That may tell you something.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Dec 22, 2011
I will also agree with the prior post that if you are concerned about crime in a specific area, then a good place to look will be the local police department. If I can answer any additional questions, just fire away though. Happy Holidays.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Dec 21, 2011
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
Kara Morris, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Sugar Grove, IL
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Aurora is one of the largest cities in Illinois and as with any large city, there are areas that are less desirable than others. What qualities besides safety are you looking for in your neighborhood?

Aurora has some wonderful amenities, is centrally located to most Chicagoland attrations, boasts decent number of private schools, and enjoys a thriving retail environment.

I'd be happy to refer to you to a very knowledgeable realtor who can help you match your needs to a home in the Fox Valley Area. Feel free to call me at 630-877-4663 or email kmorris@castlebank.com
Connie Bernal, Agent, Oak Lawn, IL
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Look up citydata.com You'll get all the information you need about the area. Also, you might want to drive at night during the weekends. But, citydata really does help.