In My Neighborhood in 91605>Question Details

Viola Tafoya, Home Buyer in Mesilla, NM

is it a friendly family neighborhood for kids?

Asked by Viola Tafoya, Mesilla, NM Thu Mar 10, 2011

Cricket Yee’s answer
Los Angeles is funny place-- everyone perceives everyone else's neighborhood as not as good as theirs-- or the opposite-- it's perceived as really good and it's really just as average! Anyway, this part of the Valley can vary widely from neighborhood to neighborhood. I can tell you that there is a fabulous pocket right near there where the streets are clean, yards are trimmed, and you can see kids of all ages playing outside on the weekends. I don't know what you are used to in Mesilla, but I think it's safe to say the nowhere in the Los Angeles area is 100% safe. Once you get here, you'll see that parents are a little more cautious than I remember growing up in Northern California. Good luck, and let us know if you need any other info!
Professional against code of ethics to respond to this question however provide you resources

Police website
School ISD website
Google search media published reports for that area

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
There are websites that give you free information about sex offenders, criminals or ex convicts where they live and what their crimes were. I would definitely look into them. You'd be surprised who might be living right next door.
Since real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, consider visiting the neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging--drive around, possibly chat with locals, look at anything that is important to you, etc., then make your own determination....
Yes . I love this area.
Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams