if I am paying cash how much should bring the price down it they area asking 175k

Asked by Woodydach, Harlingen, TX Thu Aug 16, 2012

Answers

8
Zintiha G. L…, Agent, HARLINGEN, TX
Sat Nov 23, 2013
There isn't a specific number. It depends what situation the seller is in... Do they own the home outright? Is there still a balance on their mortgage? If you are not working with a REALTOR and would love more help and specific details on the home your looking to make an offer on... give me a call or shoot me an email. I can help!

Zintiha G. Loya, REALTOR
Keller WIlliams Realty, LRGV
956-536-9270
realestatezintiha@hotmail.com
Landon, Renter, Harlingen, TX
Sat Nov 23, 2013
Like Joe Stone said the seller gets the same money if the buyer is paying cash or conventional financing. Listed properties are looking for speed of closing if they are motivated.

Where you can make a steal is in unlisted or owner financed properties. People that have been told they are upside down at current prices or investors that are looking to move the properties.

There are people and companies willing to do the leg work and find these properties for you in the Valley. 1800-sell-now is one that comes to mind.

Or talk to a builder like DR Horton.
Shea Reeves, Agent, Grapevine, TX
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Cash just means you can close faster assuming your funds are guaranteed and the financing timeframe per the contract is eliminated. A seller may be more inclined to go with a cash offer but don't expect much of a difference in what they are going to accept as a sales price vs. financing. Some cash buyers are taking advantage of the low interest rates, financing their mortgage and putting their liquid assets to work for them. Good luck
Cindy Bilbie, Agent, Harlingen, TX
Mon Sep 10, 2012
It really depends on the seller. By paying cash, you may be taking some of the risk out of the equation for the seller (once house goes on contract don't have to worry about financing falling through). Don't be offended though when they ask for you to show proof of funds to close before finalizing a contract.
Sylvia Hilmy, Agent, Harlingen, TX
Fri Aug 17, 2012
It is definitely something to consider when thinking of how much to offer. Paying cash to a Seller for their property is always appealing! Please feel free to call me and let's discuss this further. I'd love to help you find a home and at the best price for you!

(956) 648-8251
Zintiha G. L…, Agent, HARLINGEN, TX
Thu Aug 16, 2012
It depends on what kind of property it is... Give me a call and I'll help you negotiate this deal! Zintiha. 536-9270
Adam Cantwell, Agent, Harlingen, TX
Thu Aug 16, 2012
I agree with Shirley Cheng. While cash deals are always a little more enticing, it all depends on a few options. The house, the seller, etc. As of now, there is no clear-cut answer that you might be looking for. If you need any assistance negotiating a price with the seller of any property or have any more questions I would be more than happy to help!
Shirley Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Thu Aug 16, 2012
You should definitely check in with a realtor near you, they can help you negotiate the best price with the listing agent. And no one can suggest a pricing without knowing which property you are looking at.