i want to buy a house in madison heights(single family house) but i dont know how to start things up with the bank and the morgage

Asked by Abderrezak, Troy, MI Wed Jan 5, 2011

Answers

9
Rickey Busler, Agent, Michigan, MI
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Greetings Abderrezak, This is a great question to be asking this early in the season! In fact, I just wrote a blog (please see my Trulia profile) about how success favors the prepared. There are two ways of tackling this question. One, you can find a Lender on your own. This is usually done by speaking with friends or family that may have a referral for you. You could also do a lot of leg work by cold calling on several different Lenders. Or you could speak with whom ever you conduct your current financial business with. The other and more traditional way would be to speak with a Realtor. Most successful Realtors (including myself) have two or three Lenders that they have been doing business with for some time and have a good working relationship with. Either way you go, be sure that the Lender explains all your options, talk numbers, is familiar with the area in which want to live, and is easy to contact. As a "home town boy" who also happens to be a huge supporter of Madison Heights, I would welcome the opportunity to be of assistance. Please feel free to contact me (Cell/Direct Line: 248-417-1846) with any questions you may have! I hope that this information has been of value, and good luck.
MLaFave, , Madison Heights, MI
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Abderrezak: What other respondents failed to mention is "how do you shop for a new mortgage". The mortgage community purposefully tires to confuse and misdirect inexperienced borrowers for their own gain. I am a Madison Heights based real estate broker and the owner of Value Realty, LLC. What makes me different is that I will hold your hand through the entire process, from mortgage qualification (I will help you shop for financing) to assist you in the education of what items to look for when shopping for a home, through the closing. I will treat you like family! It won't take long for you to understand whose side I am representing! Let me know if I can help. Regards, Mark @ Value Reatly @ 248-733-9700
Derek Bauer, Agent, South Lyon, MI
Wed Jan 5, 2011
As others have stated, you should align yourself with a trusted real estate professional (as your buyer's agent), who will in-turn refer you to a couple lenders for their proposed package. Interview at least 3 agents before hiring the one you feel the best choice for you. We would be happy to throw our hat in the ring for you to interview.

I hope that helps. Thank you.
Web Reference:  http://DoorToDreams.com
Glenn Pruitt, Agent, Sterling Heights, MI
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Hi Abderrezak

There are good local leaders, if you like e-mail me or call today an I can answer any question you have this is a great time as you know to buy. I enjoy helping first time buyers.

Glenn Pruitt
cell:248-752-5300
gpruitt@mirealsource.com
Jay M. Jones, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Wed Jan 5, 2011
That's an easy one! 1) Call a lender for a pre-approval letter. A good start would be Damian Craine @ 248.496.0034. 2) Call a local Realtor who loves helping first time buyers. You can call me anytime!

Jay M. Jones, Realtor
248.568.4947
Web Reference:  http://www.MyRealtorJay.com
Vera Gonzalez, Agent, Sterling Heights, MI
Wed Jan 5, 2011
I love when people buy their first home it is so exciting! Try your bank or credit union ask friends and family too. Shop rates and service. pick someone who answers your questions however silly you think they are.They should go over entire process with you If you still need references for a lender in this area let me know.

Vera
Lisa Sutter, , Madison Heights, MI
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Call a mortgage broker or bank. They can usually let you know over the phone if you qualify just by asking a you few questions. If you need a lender you can trust, let me know. I will be happy to point you in the right direction. Good luck!
Melissa Bark…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Jan 5, 2011
You should ask friends, colleagues or a Realtor if you have selected one for a lender that they have used and thought did a good job, so that you can find out how much you qualify for and are able to get pre-qualified so you can start you home search.

Laurie Cliff…, , Cincinnati, OH
Wed Jan 5, 2011
The first thing you have to do is call a lender, which can be either a bank or a mortgage broker, and get