i live right across the street from proposd complex. the traffic will be unbearable on harrison ave. as it is pretty bad now. roseland is selling out

Asked by Foodsmart, 07006 Tue Jul 12, 2011

went to a meeting last night. there may be proof that trees were cut down prior to the variance change without permits. citizens have proof. this means preparations were taking place even before anything was approved. taxpayers at the meeting were very angry and the police had to be called in for strongarm tactics. THIS COMPLEX MUST BE STOPPE. my home will be worth nothing. this company is trying to take over. roseland will roll over as usual because money talks and they dont care about the quality of life for anyone but themselves. i will be leaving this area as it is becoming gross. all this so some spoiled kids can kick a soccar ball around.

Answers

5
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Increased traffic will surely not add to value or enjoyment --- stay on it, and good idea to get the media on the bandwagon.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Jane Shebroe, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Good idea Gina.... about contacting the Progress Newspaper. Sometimes the media can be useful to give us a louder voice in the community. I would also call a CNN reporter and the Star Ledger to do a story as well.

Jane
http://www.RealTerrific.com
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Hi Foodsmart,

I'm aware of the complex situation as I've been talking with one of the homeowners who is also upset about the complex. I understand your frustration and your seek out for help. At this point the most a local real estate agent can do is list your properties for sale - if you are in fact leaving this area. Variances, zoning, sports complexes being built is out of our area of expertise. We certainly cannot stand before the town on your behalf and plead your case. I've stood before my own town, as a homeowner, and plead my case and they still passed the variance for a residential property to be knocked down and a commercial one built.

Remember a sports complex will generate revenue for the town, it'll pay taxes and just think about all the illegal parked cars that will be ticketed. A few homes may lose value but people will still buy them. The chance to live in Roseland, benefit from the Roseland School District and pay a good price for the house - its a win win situation for some.

If you want to be heard - you have to stir up noise. Contact The Progress, contact the local news, call an attorney, send pictures of the traffic thats already unbearable, etc. Let your voice be heard by everyone and maybe you'll get more support. If not, at least you know you did everything in your means to prevent this complex from being built.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty (Fairfield)
gina@Ginachiricorealestate.com
Damon Willia…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Sounds like your only choice is to sell now. Once its started you are going to increase your odds of an expired listing or a big price drop by 1000%. Unless the City decides against it due to unwavering opposition there is not much you can do. Rally the troops in the neighborhood and fight the good fight! Good Luck good Sir!
Foodsmart, Home Owner, 07006
Tue Jul 12, 2011
we need help with this impending doom, the traffic on harrison ave will be bad. people will be parking on private side streets in west caldwell. we will never have peace. lights, crowds, cheering, cars, buses, people at all hours of the day and night. if i wanted to live next to yankee stadium i would have bought a house there.