hows living in the neighborhood

Asked by Pauline, Charlotte, NC Sun Sep 23, 2012

Answers

5
Daniel Fisher’s answer
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Good morning, Pauline:
You might want to read the Trulia Blog series "How to Choose a Neighborhood" (link below) . Trulia has a great info source on the Starmount Forest neighborhood. http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Starmount_Forest-Charlotte…
We know a couple without children who lives there and think it is a nice stable area. For many buyers and renters, which school attendance zone the home is within is very important. If you have a specific Mecklenburg County address and want to know which public school children living there will attend, there is a handy Mecklenburg County School Lookup site in the Trulia Blog "Which areas surrounding Charlotte would be a nice place to relocate?" http://goo.gl/V8aOK If you have school age children, I suggest that you check addresses against this link and determine if the schools are going to serve your child's educational needs. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Jennifer Mas…, Agent, Indian Trail, NC
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hi Pauline,
You can also tell a lot about a neighborhood by checking the crime statistics for certain areas. If it is in Mecklenburg County, you can go to the charmeck website & put in the actual address to find out crime statistics. I agree with the other answers posted - I always have my clients go back to the neighborhood they like & see what it's like after work hours, and on weekends. That was what my husband & I did when we were the home buyers, new to Charlotte. Also, it's a good idea to try to stay in a neighborhood that may not have been hit as hard by foreclosures, where the home prices have not plummeted as much as other neighborhoods. That is something I can research for you. Remember, though, most neighborhoods have gone down in value, but some more than others. Hope this helps!!
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Pauline,

We as Realtors cannot tell you to live ro not live in certain neightborhoods....it si called steerign and is illegal for us as Realtors to do.

What I do tell buyers that are looking to move to an area or a neighborhood they are not familair with is to drive through the neighborhood on a saturday or sunday pull over and talk to neighbors as they are working ontheir yards outside and ask them questions about the neighborhood.....

The best advice of a neighborhood you can get is from the actual people that live there.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com
Kathleen Tur…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Whatever neighborhood or neighborhoods you are considering, the very best eat to find out how's living there, is to drive around, get out and walk and strike up conversations with "the locals". The neighbors will tell you how they feel about the neighborhood - good or bad! Best of luck in your search. Kathleen
Jon Widdifie…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Which neighborhood are you asking about?