In My Neighborhood in 29607>Question Details

Yordana Alca…, Renter in Simpsonville, SC

how is the schools and area?

Asked by Yordana Alcala, Simpsonville, SC Wed Dec 1, 2010

Answers

6
Hello Yordana,

Simpsonville was recently voted one of the Top Ten Towns in America for Families by Family Circle Magazine.

Here's a link to a blog of mine on the area and the article. http://activerain.com/blogsview/1854744/simpsonville-south-c…

I currently live in Simpsonville in the Morning Mist subdivision. I have three kids and I feel that this is a great area with access to good schools.

The county school website is included below.

On the private side, Saint Josephs and Southside Christian are great.

Feel free to give me a call or e-mail if you want a more detailed answer.

Yours Donough Forde
I grew up in 29607 and 29615, and still own property in 29615.

First things first - these schools are in South Carolina, which remains near the national bottom scholastically. Regardless, as a Bob Jones/Eastside/Furman graduate, I know that some of the smartest people in the world are the folks that I grew up with and graduated with from Eastside.

Choose the schools wisely - there are always top schools and bottom schools in every district. As for me, the kids that I know who went to Pelham Road, then Greenville Middle and then Eastside - or the kids I know who went to Mann, Greenville, Wade Hampton, private high school at Christ Church - almost all of them turned out to be pretty smart, pretty productive and prosperous.

Ain't that cool?
Dear Yordana,

Trulia info about schools in the 29067 area:

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Greenville-South_Carolina/…

I hoep this info is helpful to you

Regards
Maureen
All this information is available on the internet, you need to do some research there, all schools have their websites and information available for you.... all other information about towns you can find on their town website..... Contacting the police department if you have additional concerns, and driving through towns and neighborhoods you want to consider for rent, is a good idea at different times of the day and different days of the week.... And remember that everybody's needs are different, so you need to do some of your own research to figure out what towns or areas you prefer or like!

Good luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
If you are concerned about schools do research them online--also consider visiting the school(s) in your area(s) of interest--ask for a tour of the facility, speak to superintendent, principal, teachers, etc., and ask all your questions--then make a determination--will your comfort level be reached.
Try http://www.great schools.org
You can compare any schools in any district.

Good Luck,
Chris Blasic